We booked a cruise! It's not until August, but I am so ready for some SUN!! We're going to do a 5-night cruise to the Cayman Islands and Mexico and then we'll spend another night or two in Florida when we get back. We are so excited! It will be our first cruise and we're going with 2 of my coworkers and their spouses. Should be an awesome time.
See...traveling is about the only thing that I can be thankful for when it comes to not having kids. I fully realize that not only will we travel less, the entire type of travel that we do with kids will be different. Bye-bye hot beachy getaways...hello Disney? Not so excited about that, but I think I'd take it!



5 comments:
That is the one thing about kids that makes me nervous....we love to travel and not to disney LOL. so we are cotinueing to do it as much as we can, until we are blessed. our next big trip is to Ireland in September, but we'll be on a beach somewhere between now and then.
I know what you mean...I almost never USE our ability to travel around and do things, but I like to know it's THERE. Sometimes I resent that we CAN travel, because then we're expected to go places for holidays instead of stay home (because just two of us isn't a "family"!). But, I sure enjoy being able to pop up and see my siblings and friends when I want to.
As you say, though - small sacrifice for what we're really after.
In conclusion: ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!
Yay for cruises!!! We will be booking one on May 2nd for March of 2010. It's an 8 day cruise to Cazumel, Costa Rica, and Panama :) Im super excited and it is still sooooo far away! We have never been on a cruise either, so it should be interesting. Traveling with about 12 other people too...I figure we are enjoying while we can.
ohh yay!! so fun!! have a super great time!
Hi,
Hope that cruise gives you some great R&R.
I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Pregnancy & Fertility Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.
Cheers,
Geoff
Post a Comment