Yep, that's what I got at lunch today. Smacked right in the face not once but TWICE. You can probably guess.
I arrive a bit late to my lunch meeting (4 of us from our young professionals group meeting to discuss our upcoming 5K...all acquaintances more than anything) only to see one girl, a newlywed, beaming as she tells everyone at the table that she's pg. 6 weeks!!! She's only been married for 4. Guess what that means? I'll tell you: a honeymoon baby.
SMACK!!!
We tried for a honeymoon baby. We wanted that...it was so romantic to us. That should have been us. Now, nearly 3 years later, that is her reality. I'm very excited for her. She was adorable and so excited. And I am too, for her. But I still can't shake the fact that it should have been us.
Carry on to 5 minutes later when we're still talking about miracle honeymoon baby, when SOMEone (okay, it was me!) says to the only guy in the group, "What about you? You've been married for a while, are you guys planning anything soon?" To which he responds that miracle honeymoon baby will have a playdate.
SMACK!! SMACK!!!
I did it to myself. Why do I have to open my big mouth? He's rather adorable about it. They've waited till almost the end of the 1st tri to tell, so their baby will be a month or so older than the other. I could do nothing but express my excitement for both of them (via high 5's all around!), but the second I got in the car I had to call J.
God, am I lucky. He just said he was so sorry. He asked what he could do for me, to which I replied, "take me on a cruise!" Lucky for him, it's already planned. But he said he'll buy me anything I want on the cruise. (Okay, if he insists!) Then he called me 30 minutes later just to see how I was. Jesus. How did I ever get so fucking lucky?
.....
So...I'm counting down the last 45 minutes of work and then I'm headed home to give him a big hug. Then we have dinner with the in-law's and then we pack. Then I get a bikini wax, an upper leg wax (anybody ever had an upper leg wax? I haven't but I am uuber excited not to have to shave except for the knees down!), and a pedicure tomorrow. Then we LEAVE bright and early Saturday morning!! So excited. We really need this. I hope everyone is having a better day than I.
.....


1 comment:
so...you smacked yourself?
those are NO FUN. I wanted a honeymoon baby too...among my acquaintance were TWO SETS OF HONEYMOON TWINS. (At least one pair got married BEFORE I did, so it's not so bad.)
Enjoy your cruise! Um, survive your wax :/
Post a Comment