Sunday, October 4, 2009

decisions, decisions

AF showed today. Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless. Funny how I've gotten smart enough to pee in a cup, because I have made the mistake more than I care to admit of peeing on a stick, only to wipe and realize that I have started. Would have happened today but I guess 3 years of doing this has smartened me up!

Anyway, we have made some decisions as to what we will do moving forward. Since J's brother is in town next week and we'll be staying at his parents' house, it's not exactly feasable to do treatments this month. Then we've always agreed to take the holidays off since BFNs make for miserable celebrations (something that I've also learned, going into my 4th holiday season of trying!). So that takes us to January. We'll do one round of injectables in January and will plan on starting the IVF in February.

There are a few pieces of good news that come with this decision:
1.) I will have 3 more months of the glumetza and the low amylose diet. This will give the glumetza another bit of time to work its magic. Also, I've been bad about the diet in the past month or two, but this will give me a solid 2 months to get back on and FOCUS on the end result. It will also give me a bit of time to lose some more weight. I'm hoping I can do another 15 pounds before the end of the year. I'm starting the Shred again tonight, which should help things out a lot.
2.) This also gives us an extra 3 months to save! We decided long ago that we would NOT pull from our savings to pay for IVF. So we started adding to an IVF fund at the end of March and we've been able to save around 7K. Not bad for 6 months' worth of savings! I'm certain that we'll be able to save another 5 or 6K between now and February. And, if for some miracle reason, we get pg before then, we'll have that much more in our savings...or the baby's savings. Plus, I am really pulling for a European Babymoon...
3.) We get new insurance after the first of the year. I'm holding a shred of hope that it will cover SOMETHING. Right now, we have zero IF coverage like many others, so anything would be an improvement.

That's the bulk of our decision-making! I'm sure the next few months will go really quickly if they are anything like this entire year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a LOT of HUGE decisions! We're on a break, too, and I'm hoping for the same things - some weight loss and some savings gains! Good luck to both of us! :)

IVF is our next step, as soon as I get some weight off. I'm hoping the next IUI does it for ya'll!

the misfit said...

Wow, that's quite a lot. I would NEVER have thought to pee in a cup! (Do you keep a cup handy?) Have you posted before about what this shred entails? And, you're right, this year has FLOWN by.

Courtney said...

Hey! You have an award on my blog!