Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Welcome ICLWers!

Hi everyone! Welcome to this month's ICLW!! Thanks for dropping in...feel free to come in and stick around.
I'm Christina, hubby is Josh. Here we are during a trip to Philly last month, which you can read about HERE at my IRL blog.
A little background, during that trip to Philly, we celebrated our 3rd anniversary. This also marked the 3rd anniversary of our TTC, since we were naive enough to wish for a honeymoon baby. Since then, we have been through a LOT. Here's a quick rundown:
  • a diagnosis of PCOS (only after a good year of going to the 1st RE..)
  • several rounds of Clomid
  • 2 rounds of Femara
  • 2 HSGs
  • 1 Hysteroscopy & Lap surgery to remove a septum on my uterus
  • 5 (or more maybe) IUI's
  • 2 or 3 rounds of injectables (or is it more, I've lost count!)
  • 2 REs (love the new one!)

And now we finally feel like we are on a good path! New RE, Dr. Miracles, has an entirely different way of looking at PCOS. Read about it HERE if you're interested. Essentially, I am on Glumetza and a new diet called a low amylose diet. I have lost 20 lbs., but most importantly, I have begun to ovulate ON.MY.OWN! This is astounding to J and I! Right now, we're taking a break from cycling, other than taking the Glumetza and a progesterone supp., until January. At that time, if we're not already pg, we will do one last round of Injectables and then we'll move to IVF. We're really hoping that doesn't have to happen!!

So...that's the long of it. I'm always looking for others who may have similar experiences and I look forward to reading lots of blogs this month! The TTC section of my blogroll has really dwindled, while the Baby and Pregnant sections have exploded. Good for all those girls, but I need more people like myself to read about! Looking forward to meeting you all!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice to meet you. I'll be unhappy to join your TTC blogroll. :)

Michelle said...

I forgot to ask. Do you know where I can get information on the diet you are on? I googled but didn't find a whole lot information.
Thanks!

Courtney said...

Love the picture! I really hope that you achieve your BFP before January and that you won't have to endure anymore injections or procedures. Praying for you!

addingtothepack said...

Cute photo!

I've also been diagnosed with PCOS and so I had to check out your post about your new diet. I already do most of the points you listed because I've figured out that I feel better when I eat that way (and I'm finally to the point where I want to feel good more than I want to eat tasty cr*p...most of the time). Of course the weight loss helps to keep me motivated too.

I look forward to reading along!

Kitty said...

That is such a great photo :)

Wow, sounds like you've been through the ringer already! Wishing you lots of luck with the new diet (amazing!). Hopefully you won't even need IVF.

Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW! I love your photo. Good luck with your new doctor - it's great to find one you like.

quadmom said...

I know what you mean about losing count with all the treatments! It gets all jumbled together after a while. I am excited for you that you'll be starting IVF for the new year if you don't get pregnant before hand. It's a little scary but the odds are so good that I think it's worth it!

I love your picture! I'm from Philly, and I think that sign is so cute. When we went to Italy we saw a copy of that sign in Venice!

ICLW

RELH said...

Wow, I am glad that you have found something that is helping you out. I hope that you get your BFP before it's time to cycle again.
ICLW

Erika said...

Can't wait to have time to read all about your diet and meds you're on and your dr's point of view. Thanks for sharing.

I love ICLW! Good luck getting a BFP before January!

Rebecca said...

Happy belated Anniversary! I love that photo. Fellow PCOS'er here too. I don't write a whole lot about my PCOS, mainly because right now my TTC is on hold due to marital separation/reconciliation. It's a crazy story. Anyway...just wanted to say hi and good luck! Glad you found a wonderful RE that is working with and for you!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of ya'll under the LOVE sign! :)