Wednesday, May 7, 2008

not as bad as I thought...

So the removal of the balloon and the subsequent cramping/bleeding were truly not as bad as I had built them up to be. I was so tense and nervous, and this was the first appointment that DH didn't get to go to because I drove an hour and then came straight to a conference for the week. But that meant that I was extra nervous and really really uptight and tensed up. After I relaxed a little bit, the nurse did her thing and removed it pretty slowly.

I am, however, glad that I was the first and only patient in the place because I let out a pretty loud yell. It just quickly hurt and took my breath away. Then I cramped for literally seconds and I was fine. I also expected lots of bleeding after the fact which didn't happen. It's basically just been some spotting here and there since Monday.

The night before I got the balloon removed, I was having some pain in my lower uterus-area. DH's response:

"Maybe the balloon implanted into your uterus.
Well...at least we know SOMETHING can implant into your uterus!"
Thank you. That's so sweet.

No comments: