The short of it: My sister had an ectopic pg and had an emergency surgery last night.
She had a tubal ligation nearly 2 years ago. She's the 2nd patient of her doctor's in 20 years to have this happen.
She was more worried about how I would take it than she was about herself. That is how selfless my sister is. She could have DIED and she was still worried about me, her husband, their base group for having a dinner planned at their house...everyone but herself.
Funny enough, she adopted a 110 lb. chocolate lab YESTERDAY. In all of her pain. So I spent today taking care of one of my nephews, getting the dog groomed, buying groceries and dog bones/toys. I felt like I'd filled an entire day at just 2:00. Now I'm home and I'm going to catch up on my Oprah's from the past 2 weeks.
I'm just so thankful that my sister is okay. I couldn't handle ANYthing without her. She has the highest pain tolerance of anyone I've ever met. It's kind of ironic that she can go and get pg after a procedure to PREVENT it when I can't even convince my body to attempt it. Aaargh.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am so glad that your sis is doing well. I am sorry she went through that. Sending you hugs becauseas you put it in theend of this post the ironicness of this still hurts.
Post a Comment