Saturday, May 3, 2008

not so fast there, chachi!



After a very restful day yesterday, I thought for sure that I was going to be back up and at 'em today. I leave Monday morning for a week and I had a few odds and ends to catch up on (run to the bank, drop off some mail, run to Target, refill my stash of makeup, vote, etc.) so I thought I could get it all done today with no problem.



Boy, was I mistaken! My first trip was to the bank and then I ran to a local salon to refill my Medium Beige Foundation and my Skin Rev-er Upper. No problems there, as it was in and out and I got to sit back down pretty quickly. But then I headed to Target. I have been dreaming about these cute little ballet flats since last week when I saw them. I got them in my head and couldn't get them out, so I had to go pick them up. How cute, right?!


I grabbed these first thing and then headed over to the bag section, where I had also seen a pretty cute work bag and I thought I needed it since I have this conference all week next week. But I let my conscience get the best of me and skipped it. So I grabbed a couple of Mother's Day cards, some mousse & shampoo and a Starbucks Hot Chocolate and I was out the door. But it wasn't without some pain and some extreme fatigue. I was so freaking tired!!! I guess it just wore me out. I wasn't prepared to be hit by a mack truck but it sure felt like I was. I think I just need to sit down often because the more I am up and about and walking, the more this balloon feels like it's going to fall out. I know that this is nearly impossible but it is still uncomfortable.

So though I had wanted to run by the mall to see if there were any cute shoes calling my name and if there were any good sales, I simply headed over to a voting center and voted really quickly and then headed home. Now I'm snuggled back into my big comfy bed with the windows opened and my fan blowing nicely on me. It feels soooo nice. I am going to start reading my new book as soon as I check blogs.

That's my day. I tried to be ambitious and get lots done, but instead I will relax some more and get a little laundry done. And hopefully my babies will be home soon to cuddle with me.

No comments: