My acupuncturist actually said "Your body is ready." She said those words!
Here's the advice she gave me:
She talked a lot about visualizing and using images to remind myself what I want. She said to envision my womb and my body as a blooming flower that is opening up and ready to accept a baby. She said I should use this image when I am taking my herbs and when I'm doing my injections and also anytime I'm thinking about the process (ie during my u/s's and my IUI, after sex, etc.). This is actually really helpful for me. I have been online this morning just looking at some flowers opening so that I can have a few images in my mind.
The other thing she told me to envision is my baby(ies) spiraling down from heaven. It sounds kind of silly, but from her perspective, children choose us and we need to keep the pathway open. She said not to allow any negative thoughts and I said that I do try, but with as much letdown as we've experienced, it is a bit hard to not try to protect myself. She said to let it all go. (Yeah..easier said than done...but I'm really trying!) She said that the mind is a very powerful thing, moreso than we realize, and that our negative thoughts really can block things from happening. We talked about how since I was little, I have pictured myself having twins. She said that our minds know things and that when doing my visual imaging, I should picture two babies coming down and picture life in our house with 2 babies. (Like 2 babies meeting the dogs, 2 babies in the crib, etc.) She just reiterated that it is so important not to block the "path."
She also suggested that we watch the Secret video. I have seen the book and am familiar with the concept, but haven't read the book or seen the movie. She asked me to watch it before next Monday's session.
Anyway, I thought that this might be helpful information. I am so excited that she said my body was ready! I *feel* like my body is ready! I guess that what I am taking away from last night's session is to really try to force out the negative thoughts, so every time I have doubt or worry, I try to think about the image of the flower.
I realize this may sound a little bit mind-body-hokey-pokey to some, but I really think there's something to the whole thing...we'll see in a couple weeks!



4 comments:
I really like the flower image idea! I think that is an excellent way to view this whole cycle as a postivie experience! Good luck with the focusing! yay for your body being ready!
Wow. I am completely facinated. Just before I read this I made a final choice for an acu. I found a cute chinese man who came here and studied western medicine too. He reconciles Christianity with eastern philosophy/tradition/medicine so well. That was important to me.
So, anyway, I'm going to take what you said to heart as I pursue acupuncture.
How exciting! I hope the visualization helps and leads to success. It certainly cannot hurt!
here from ICLW - Those are lovely images. I hope they assist you with your cycle.
All the best!
Post a Comment