Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finally!

AF has finally peeked her head around the corner. Spotting started yesterday (CD 34) and it's looking like tomorrow will be CD1! That is great news because it means that the acu is still somewhat working. I think a 35 day cycle is still alright...normal, even!

All of my drugs arrived yesterday so we're good to go there.

I ordered the Shred video. It should arrive in the next day or two. Exciting!!

Finally, this song is speaking to me right now. I've been listening to K*Love and have always loved this song. It's been one that has given me chills since I first heard it. And every time I turn on the radio, I hope for it to come on. Lately, it's been happening with timing that I cannot pass off as coincidence. Twice in the past week, at *just* the right time, I have gotten in the car and had it come on. Once it was after a not-so-soothing acu appointment when I was really questioning whether things were working and then this morning, as I am contemplating this coming cycle and whether we are making the right choices, it comes on and feels like God is truly wrapping me in a blanket of warmth. I can't explain it any other way. I'm really not all that religious. But I just feel a peace when I hear this song. (Then I make a quick apology to Him for my horrible singing because I'm sure He's sitting right next to me in the car and probably doesn't enjoy the tone-deafness of my voice!)

The thing is, this IS a religious song. But isn't it funny how lyrics take on new meanings at certain times in your life? Right now, with every fiber of my being, I sing this song to my future child. It might sound silly, but the the words, for me, are about God and about the day that I welcome a baby. I don't know if that makes sense, but take a listen. I hope it speaks to you and comforts you in the same way as it does me.

1 comment:

alicia said...

ohh such a good song! the lyrics are very powerful, keith used to sing this one all the time when he was a worship pastor at our church.

I am glad it is there for you when you need it, i lvoe it when a song can do that for you!

yay for AF! I am glad your cycles are normalizing, it does feel good!