Sunday, February 22, 2009

here we go again!

First off, welcome ICLWers! A short rundown of our journey is to the side, but the short of it is that we've been married for 2 years and 5 months and we've been trying ever since. We're currently on our 5th IUI cycle, 2nd with injectables (F-stim). I do weekly acupuncture and that's pretty much it! We've got a lot of faith in this cycle. Welcome and please feel free to stick around!

So I officially started my shots tonight. It is such a regimen! Since I'm taking the "baby pills" from the acupuncturist, which are sworn upon by many, it adds a little extra work. So I take 50 of these tiny pills in the morning before breakfast, then I do my shot and 50 more pills at night along with my prenatal. I feel like I'm taking pills all day long. But hopefully it will be worth it!

I had to get my baseline yesterday and my nurse gave me 600iu of F-stim. I am so thankful for the help!! She pretty much just stuck $500 in my pocket which is pretty awesome.

Oh, and to top that good news off, I headed to the mall and found an awesome sale at NY&Co. They had suits on sale for $9.99 each piece, so I got 3 full suits (jacket and pants) in 3 different colors, plus a skirt to go with one of the suits and an extra jacket that will go with lots of pants. I can't pass up a good bargain and I really needed to replace a couple suits that I've worn to the ground. Sweet deals!

That's about it for my excitement. Now enjoy a pic of the cuties after their bath last week:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious??? Take a pic of those pills, I want to see them. Line them all up for one day and show how many you take. It would be a great pic! Also - do you go to acupuncture in Lafayette? Your person sounds better than mine in Indy but I don't want to drive that far. My person is kinda pissing me off

just me, dawn said...

Wow what great deals on the suits!! and the meds, it was your weekend :)
*ICLW*

Kristin said...

Sounds like you have a great nurse...the extra meds sure will help. Wishing you the best of luck this cycle.

Cute pups!

~ICLW

Beautiful Mess said...

WOW, you've had some good luck come your way lately. I hope it sticks around! Great pictures of your dogs, their so adorable!
*ICLW*

alicia said...

yay I am keeping everything crossed for you for this cycle!

Jo said...

Sounds like today is your lucky day! Good luck with this cycle.

Liv said...

Here via ICLW
Your furbabies are so cute!!!!

I LOVE NY&Co. Half of my wardrobe is probably from that one store. Way to score with the suits. Love it.

I think I'm going to try acupuncture soon. About to start IUI #2. If you have any words of advice on that I'm all ears!

I wish you all the luck with your 5th IUI cycle.

Soralis said...

Good luck with your cycle! Yey to the meds from the nurse!

ICLW