So I had a very frustrating appointment this morning. It ended in some tears. :( It doesn't help when I get to the OB's office, they have no orders from the RE (my RE is an hour away so I do u/s's and b/w in town at my OB's office). Fine, they get it figured out...while I sit in a room with about 1200 pregnant teenagers..what fun! Then I go back and get my u/s. More on that in a sec. Finally, it's time to get my blood drawn and I have to go back out to the waiting room full of fertiles to check back in for the lab. Only they tell me (in front of all of the onlooking fertiles) that I can't get my blood drawn there because I didn't see an actual doctor. I have to go ACROSS town to get my blood drawn. WHY!?!? There are plenty of people standing around who can draw blood...and they have my orders...but NOPE. I have to drive across town.
So I make a quick exit with many fertile eyes upon me. I get to my car and the tears start. It was horrible. I guess it's an emotional day...I'm not sure about the results of my u/s or if things are going as they should be and I ended up being to work an hour and a half later than expected because of all of the waiting for orders, driving across town, waiting some more, etc.
BUT....there is a silver lining. Remember THIS post where I talk about the song, I Can Only Imagine? It gives me so much comfort..and hope. Wouldn't you know that as I am driving from one clinic to the other, sitting at a stoplight in tears, the song comes on! I just said "thank you thank you thank you!!!" It was exactly what I needed. I can't explain it but it made me feel even more that this cycle is going to be it for us. I'm trying hard to block out the negative thoughts and allow myself to say aloud that this cycle WILL work. What amazing timing...I just can't explain it and it isn't coincidence...there's no way!
So, as for my u/s, I think it went okay. At first I thought the follies were too big but after looking at October's cycle, it seems like they might be right on target. Except that righty doesn't seem to be pulling her weight, like usual. Here's what she saw:
Left:
12
11
8-9ish
Right:
7
8
The scan wasn't very long and I feel like there could be another one or two lurking. I'm looking forward to cd12 because it'll be at the RE's office and they'll be more thorough and we'll also be able to see how many contenders we really have. I'm okay with 2 or 3. I'm so used to many many follies but I would rather have 2 or 3 that are better quality than a lot of smaller ones wasting my meds!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
oh no sorry about the bad appointment! that sucks that you have to go to the OB office with all the preggers to get your tests done, so brutal.
keeping everything crossed for you!
You have great follicles! Congrats, and sorry you had to go through all of that.
ICLW
Please don't allow yourself to be disheartened by a lower than normal follicle number...yep it is all quality not quantity we are told over and over....NB: I love your "fertile eyes"! Best wishes!
Post a Comment