Wednesday, June 24, 2009

my life is complete

This diet is difficult, I'm not gonna lie. It's hard. I feel like I am eating the same things over and over again. I feel like I am one big walking bing cherry. What really sucks is that I have suuuch a sweet tooth! And it's the freaking summer for crying out loud! Summer means cookouts, corn salsa, trips to the ice cream parlor, ballpark food! It's very hard to get sugar-free, carb-free baseball food! Try it sometime.

Most of all, I love my ice cream. I have gone 2 (1/2) weeks with no ice cream and I finally was about to have a meltdown. Literally. (I blame it on the soon-to-be-arrival of AF.) I was really trying to avoid it because I know that even if I found sugar-free, it would STILL be ice cream, and it would still defeat the whole purpose of this diet. Buuttt...the ice cream won. My life feels complete! I found this:


It is pure heaven in a cardboard tub. To be honest, I don't know if I will ever buy full-sugar ice cream again. Why would I when I like this just as much! Granted, it does have a few grams of sugar, but no sugar added and the sugar grams are minimal. For J's sanity, I think we made the right choice! I highly recommend it for any of you PCOSers trying to do a no-sugar diet!!!

(ETA)...how could I forget to fill you in on this, too?! As of this morning, I was down 11 pounds (if you go by the doctor's scale). 11 freaking pounds in 15 days! Pretty amazing, and makes this diet sooo worth it!

14 comments:

Astrid said...

I'm SO glad things are going so well for you with this diet. It sounds like a pain but I'm sure the rewards are worth it. I too can't get enough of the slow-churned line. Altho I go for the full sugar 'cause I get so much fake sugar in the rest of my diet (mostly diet soda) that I figure, once in a while, it's good to go natural. Happy ICLW

Michelle said...

Great job! I've been on a strict diet, but have fallen off the wagon. I think it may be time to jump back on!!
~Michelle (ICLW)

Liddy said...

Great job on the diet. 11 pounds is amazing. I am going to have to try something for some odd reason I got on to a bad habits eating bandwagon.

Courtney said...

That's awesome! Way to go with the diet!

EC said...

11 pounds, that's insane, I'm so glad it's working for you.

Amber said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I don't know if I could go without ice cream either! I love it!!!

*ICLW*

Anonymous said...

11 pounds is awesome! keep up the good work!

I heard on the news today that Edy's Slow Churned ice cream was rated very highly by (of all things) Consumer Reports. They were looking at "light" ice creams and Edy's got high marks! I'm glad you agree! I'm on my own ice cream mission - lactose free! It's tough being in the summer and not being able to have ice cream when everyone goes out!!!

Amy said...

Excellent diet results. That's so great for you.

I too love the Edy's ice cream. In fact, I was just saying to my husband that I was wondering if we had any ice cream in the freeze.

daega99 said...

Superb results on your diet!

I love ice cream but my nutritionist has taken me off dairy.... oh well...

ICLW #31

Jennifer said...

11 pounds is AWESOME!! Congrats! Cracking up over the "pure heaven in a cardboard tub" line - I'll have to remember that one. (ICLW)

B. said...

Hurray for Edy's! I worry about fat and cholesterol (problems run in my family), so I was thrilled to discover Edy's yogurt blends- they're AMAZING! Sorry- I didn't mean to sound like a commercial.

Anyhow, I'm happy to hear the diet is going well. It's incredible that what we eat can have such an effect on our insides- even when we think we're eating healthy, we might be perpetuating some problem. I'd love to find a doctor for me who subscribes to a similar philosophy.

Good luck!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

11 pounds! GREAT JOB! Way to go!

daega99 said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! When in Sept 06 did you get married. We were Sept 22nd. We waited a year to TTC - if only we'd known....

Looking forward to getting to know you!

ICLW #31

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Congrats on your weight loss! That is absolutely incredible!

~ICLW