Thursday, June 5, 2008

cycle not cancelled, just postponed

Spoke with the nurse and we are (sort of) back to square 1. I started BCP 2 nights ago (which, by the way, just feels so ironic) and will have another HSG on the 18th. I will stop the pills on the 17th, triggering AF and will start Clomid again 3 days after my HSG. Then we will proceed with the IUI as scheduled. I guess I feel good about this, especially since we're just postponing things by about 2 weeks instead of by a whole month. Plus, I'm hoping that the HSG will do wonders like it has for some and that we will be lucky in those 3 months following the HSG.

AF was here in full force again yesterday. It sucked. We went to a baseball game for J's birthday and I made like 700 trips to the bathroom and went through what seemed like 4,000 heavy duty pads. I'm sure the people around us thought that I had the runs (and not the baseball kind of runs!).

BUT, the good news of the day was that we were actually *really* lucky.
  • First, they called for an 80% chance of rain. We took the gamble and drove the hour to Indy, ate at Red Robin (one of J's favorites) and then headed to the game and the weather was GORGEOUS. We both got a little too much sun. Then they won 1/2 way through the 9th inning and the rain clouds rolled in. They waited for us!
  • Also, as we were walking in, this girl comes up and asks if we already have tickets. We didn't yet and she gave us 2 free! They are only $13 each, but it basically paid for our beer! And the seats were awesome because she had won them, so we were right on the 3rd base line behind the dugout.
  • Then J caught a ball! He gave it to the little girl that was with the lady who gave us the free tickets, though. It was the least we could do.
  • Finally, we were on the Kiss Cam!!

All that good luck, and we decided to get some lottery tickets! Too bad I wasn't around O time, otherwise we could have tried our luck there, too. I'll be sure to shout it to the world if I am the winner of a cool mil from those lottery tickets!

No comments: