Monday, June 23, 2008

let the madness begin (again)

So I guess it's not really madness. I can't complain too much about the s/e that I get from Clomid.

What I can complain about, though, is bleeding. Yes, folks. I'm stii..ii...ll..lll... bleeding. 21 days. J has always had this stupid joke that he doesn't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die, ie WOMEN. Yeah, that's just him being facetious. But I'm starting to wonder. I kind of don't even trust something that bleeds for 21 days straight and doesn't die! And it's friggin' ME!

Anyway, moving on. So I am relieved to be starting Clomid again tonight. It feels good to be moving on. I'm nervous that my body is all screwey, but as long as the bleeding has ceased by another day or two, it'll be fine. After all, on a normal cycle, I start my Clomid on CD3 and I'm still bleeding. So that's no biggie. But I'll be glad to make it to my u/s and I'll be elated to see actual follies.

In other fun news, when I picked up my Rx this evening, the pharmacist had to come over because there was a note on my account that they can't get the trigger shot. Big surprise. But she came over to try to straighten things out (which ended up working out fine because I knew that the other pharmacist across town always kept a supply for me and the ONE other infertile lady in this city, so she got it from him for me..yay!) and asked how I like my RE. I figured it was just casual conversation, but I said that I love him and his entire staff and she said that she used him. I had a pretty lengthy conversation with her and she was really sweet. Plus, she now has 4 kids. 1 from IUI, twins from IVF and a little surprise. She wished me luck and was really just endearing. It always feels nice to talk to someone who "gets" it. Plus, this cycle just HAS to work since the entire universe seems to be out of the trigger shot. It feels like my last chance!

I also got lots of vitamins today. $60 later, I am stocked up on all of the following:
L-Arginine
Folic Acid
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Green Tea
Chasteberry

Though I am hearing contradicting reports about how much or what I should take. I have read a lot about L-Arginine, so I am going to stick to that. Plus the Folic and the Vitamin E & C are fine, I'm sure. I may hold off on the Chasteberry and Green Tea until I talk to my RE.

Finally, I am proud to say that I have lost a smidgeon of weight. But best of all, I did 3 miles tonight and felt great! I used to run a few miles at a time with no problem, but that was, oh, probably 40 pounds ago. So I am happy to report that I am up to running 3/4 of a mile all at once. Tonight, I kept up a constant run & walk switch-off even after my 3/4 mile, so I feel pretty good. I have about 2 pounds to get over my BIG hurdle. 2 pounds. I feel like once I get those 2 lbs. off, things will take a turn for the better in terms of how my clothes fit and being able to tell that I have lost like 15 pounds.

That's pretty much all I've got. As if it isn't enough.

No comments: