My 2nd, follow-up, HSG was this morning. Basically, it was just to check that my uterus was the correct shape and the entire septum was removed during my surgery and that nothing has since blocked my tubes. It came out perfectly. Thank heavens.
I felt like it hurt less this time and I chose a little tiny circle on the ceiling and breathed in and out while focusing on that. I think all of this Wii Fit yoga is really helping things! It certainly did not tickle, but I think the pain was far less horrific than last time. And my RE was laughing at me because he asked me if I could relax my butt a little while he was positioning things. My response: a resounding "NO." He said he didn't think he'd ever had a flat-out "no" before. Some people say they are trying or they actuallly do, but I just couldn't do it. I was so tense from the buildup (which included waiting for nearly 2 hours) and the anticipation of the pain.
I felt like an old pro because there were 3 other girls all waiting with me to get theirs done and I was the only one who had had one before. They all kept asking different questions and I couldn't lie and tell them it didn't hurt but after I came out, I gave them my suggestion of focusing on the ceiling. I think it really helped. It was actually really nice to have the time to sit and talk to them about their journeys and just have that unspoken camaraderie that just isn't found with people IRL. One girl, as it turns out, even works for the same University as I do, and funny enough, she is in HR for my father in-law's department and was in the process that helped to hire him on. She was talking about how much she loved him and how he's so great and it was all just really weird since our RE's office is an hour's drive south. So I gave her my card and we're going to try to grab lunch sometime.
Anyway, I'm glad to have that overwith. Now, I'm off the BCP and will start Clomid in 5 days again. Yay!!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment