Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 down, 498 to go

...miles, that is. My goal is to run 500 miles in 2009, so I really better pick up the pace. The good news is that J and I are finally back on track with running. We have gone the past 2 nights and only did 1 full mile the first night and then a mile and a quarter last night. Since we haven't run since October, we thought we better start off slow and steady. I was glad that I could actually do a full mile without stopping (no, it isn't much, but I'm chubby people!) and I think I could probably do 1 1/2 or 2 if I pushed myself.

I have the Nik.e + for the i*pod and am looking forward to getting it set up and calibrated. The goal is to work up to 5 miles per run and do about 20-30 miles a week. That shouldn't be too far of a stretch......hopefully. Granted, here's hoping that a pregnancy throws a little wrench into this plan!! That'll be a great wrench, let me tell ya!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Good for you on getting out to the gym and running. I think about exercising but that is as far as I ever get.

andrea said...

Good luck!! I will be joining you soon enough and honestly I can't wait! The most I could do was 3-4 miles every other day and a 6 mile on the weekend. I found when I had somewhere to run to as a goal it really helped. I still get a kick out of the fact I could run all the way from my house to another sub that seems really far away 2 summers ago. Also, I would recommend that you have a professional help you pick out a shoe. If you are going to log that kind of mileage, you should definitely get the best shoes you can!! (and yes, I really hope you can't make your goal because you are pg this year !!!)

alicia said...

ohh great goal! good for you! I am already super impressed with you.

I really hope a pregnancy wrench gets in the way of this goal though :)

kate said...

Congrats on getting back on the road! And yes, a mile can feel like a whole, whole lot when it's been a while!

I have a Nike+ training team if you are interested in joining- it's just other IF ladies from around the blogosphere who also run- no pressure, just thought I'd extend the invitation to you... You can find my email on my blogger info page.