Acupuncture went great. Very relaxing. Like, that dozing in and out where you're so relaxed that you don't want to move or open your eyes. It's very calming, really.
So she put lots of needles in this time:
one at the top of my head (for spirituality);
one between my eyes/on my forehead (for intuition);
on on each of my arms--where they bend, but on the outer part so that I could still move my arm (not sure what it was for...one of the organs I believe);
one on each of my calves--outer and upper part of my calf, just below the knee (again, not sure what it was for);
one on each inner-ankle;
one on the top of each foot, along the bone of the big toe;
one on each inner-heel;
(there were some relating to the spleen, the liver and the kidney, all of which are linked to the stagnant Qi that I have...though I'm not sure which acu point went with which organ.)
Anyway, I didn't notice the immediate result like last time (but I also didn't have the obvious blood flow to see like last time), but I can definitely tell some action in my ovaries, which I wasn't expecting without having any meds this month.
I got a bit overwhelmed when we started talking about diet and food and herbs. This is going to be a serious lifestyle change and the more strict I am, the better the acupuncture will likely work. So I have 2 herbs (smaller than a prenatal and not as horrible tasting, so that's good!) and I will take 2 of each, 3x a day...so 6 pills a day. I have been very good about that.
Some other "rules":
- Don't drink when you eat. Angelica says to have a glass of water 30-minutes before or 1-hour after eating. I take my herbs then, as they are not to be taken with food so that they can be absorbed to the fullest degree possible. *Note: this has been a bit tough for me, but when I do drink my water before eating, I obviously eat less and feel fuller faster. That is a plus, for sure!
- Have fish 3 times per week. Another stretch for me considering my idea of fish is tuna salad and that's out, according to A. I like fish when I'm in the Caribbean or when I'm in Hawaii. Or even when I'm in Florida. In Indiana, not so much. We're working on this and I hope to do at least twice a week...to start off.
- A says that almonds are the best food in the world. I can eat them whenever I want, and I should have some every day. (Not the whole can, I keep reminding myself!)
- She also wants me to drink a glass of organic red wine every night. (Sweet!! I love red wine!) She suggests Tra.der Joe'.s for a cheap and good wine.
- I have to eat lots of green leafy vegetables. At the minimum, one helping a day. Including kale, beets and all sorts of interesting things...
- She says that everyone should have one piece of dark chocolate every single day. (Again, Sweet!!!) She says to be sure to let it melt in your mouth.
- Finally, I have to eliminate milk from my diet. She says that babies are the only people who should drink milk and that once they're done nursing (or past nursing age), they should not drink milk. Actually, I have been told this before by a personal trainer, so I wasn't too surprised by it. They both said that there is no nutritional value that can't be gotten from food and vitamins if needed. She did suggest Almond Milk, which is what she and her family drinks. I might try it, but the fact of the matter is that all of these things will add up quickly!! I have agreed to buy a box (it comes in the little boxes like soy milk) and see how I like it and go from there.
All in all, this was a LOT of information. I have tried to let it digest a bit and I know that I need to be better about my eating habits anyway, so this should be a good place to start. A also mentioned that if I follow this, I will lose weight pretty easily. She said that I should (tmi) poo three times per day (whhaaaa?!?!). And the acupuncture will kick-start my system to increase my metabolism. That, combined with the newer food choices should all easily result in a weight loss. Next appointment is this Friday...I read somewhere that if you are going to respond to acupuncture, that it should happen in 6-8 treatments. (Not that I expect to be pg in that time, but I'm hoping that my cycles will be different at least.)


5 comments:
I am sooooo facinated by accupuncture and diet as a way of battling IF...I need to do more research....I like the idea of maybe doing something without drugs and invasive western medicine.
Thanks for visiting my blog--I've got yours bookmarked now!
ICLW
But milk is the most perfect beverage of all time! I'd die without milk. I drink two and a half gallons a week. I do realize that a lot of people are not as obsessed with milk as I am though. :)
It sounds like you have a good plan. I am thinking about trying acupuncture. I hope it goes well fo you.
I hope the accupuncture and diet work for you. Of course, the diet sounds like good common sense for all of us... but I'm with you about the fish. And wow, how overwhelming to think of doing all those things at once if you're not already doing them.
iclw
yay! I really like the sound of her! there are a lot of bad accup out there so I am glad you found a good one, and it is true if you don't notice a change within 3 months of treatment that accup is not for you! Don't stress to hard about following all the rules to the letter, it is A LOT of things to change, but any change in small or large degree will be good for you! So happy for you!
Post a Comment