So I got a recommendatoin for an acupuncturist in town and decided to give her a call today. She happened to have an opening at 1:30, so I took the day off after lunch (not that I was getting much work done...what with the bouts of tears and the puffy eyes) and headed over. She had me go through an entire list of things and we found that my Qi is deficient.
I told her that I have PCOS and she seemed really confident in the treatment. In addition to my deficient qi, it is also stagnant. She said this means that I have old blood and that my body never really clears itself out. There is also an issue with my liver.
Her suggestion is to do a 3-month cleanse, followed by 3 month's worth of fertility-focused treatments. The cleanse involves 2 pills, 3-times per day as well as acupuncture once a week. Once the first three months are up, it will just involve the acupuncture.
I got my first round of it today and it was really quite relaxing. She also put this sound machine on my abdomen which vibrated back and forth across my stomach, which she said will encourage the blood to flow and for the old blood to get out. Interestingly enough, (and maybe TMI), my bleeding immediately picked up, and I have already passed a gigantic clot of really dark blood. It seems like there is a connection.
Now I just need to decide if I will stick to the cleanse. She orders her meds from China, so they're cheaper, but they'll still be about $90 per month, plus $300 per month for the acupuncture. I don't want to commit to it and then find myself not taking the pills every day when they're needed. I'll think about it over the weekend and see how my flow goes for the next 2 days before making a decision.
On another note, I also talked to Nurse J. I kind of broke down but she was sweet. I told her that I feel like we're missing something and asked if there was anything that we could do (perhaps combining another drug with the Follist.im) to increase our chances. I said that I just feel like we're wasting our money, especially since we pay 100% OOP and I'm pretty certain that we will not be doing IVF. I don't know that we'll feel comfortable spending that much money on a gamble. She said that she'll talk to the RE and to call her next week. In a twist of good news, she did offer to get me some Follis.tim for the next cycle. Even if she gets us just a little bit or one cartridge, that will help costs so much. But I have to remind her...which I may have a hard time doing...I might feel like I'm asking for a handout. Anyway, it is good news. If I do the 3-month cleanse, then we will likely not be ready for another cycle until mid-March.



4 comments:
I was doing acupuncture for fertility for a long time this year. I got great results in terms of my energy and cycles. I know it can help tremendously for women who have problems with their cycle, hormones, etc. My problem was that by my amazing pulses according to the Dr, I should be getting pregnant. Then we find out we have a male factor. I still don't think it was a waste of time (perhaps money since my treatment was really expensive), because my body is very aligned now, and I'm at the top of my health, which will certainly help with my IVF cycle that I start this week.
I wish you sucess in your treatment. If you can do it, go for it.
Interesting! Make sure you check with your doctor too, about the drugs to make sure they are safe for what you are trying to do. (I worry excessively about things like that.)
I think the acupunture route is a good idea, I did acupuncture for a long time. I do say though you might want to read something like the Infertility Cure before making your decision about the treatment program -- esp since it is expensive. If you can't find it at the library, drop me a line and I'll send you my copy.
I'm so sorry this cycle didn't work out and that J is so sad. I hope the acupuncture can help you.
that is great that the acup is already working! I found that i worked right away too! I really lvoe my acup lady!
good luck with the cleanse, it sounds like a good idea!
Post a Comment