Sunday, November 16, 2008

gearing up for the holidays!

Things are very slow going around here since we're on a break. Nothing much to report on. We officially decided that we're (I'm) going to do acupuncture. If nothing else, I am hoping for the benefit of cleansing my body and at least getting it out of the funk it's in. I didn't get an appointment in last week but will start this coming Friday. It was interesting that AF lasted a full 7 days (and actually maybe even 8) after my last acupuncture appointment when she told me we would need to focus on getting the old blood out. Typically, they're about 4-5 days. I take that as a good sign.

Then this week, I was talking to a coworker and told her about the acu and she said that she has had 2 friends who credit it with their pregnancies. One had tried for over 3 years. That's good news.

I'm gearing up for the holiday season!! I have my rituals to get me in the mood. I think I will start to decorate for Christmas in the coming week. I will get my little snowman out who says "Welcome Winter" for the front of the house. (There were snow flurries today!!! Yay!!) I will get my Willow Tree Nativity Scene out. I will pick up my adoptive family ornaments at church and start shopping for them. And I'll start the process of putting Christmas gifts together. My favorite ritual is movies! I always watch Love Actually to kick start my holiday season. And I will start playing holiday music. In my car, in the house, at work...everywhere. I saw that Faith Hill has a new holiday CD out, so that will be a must have for this year.

I am looking forward to enjoying the holiday season without having to worry about infertility. We have started the beginning of our shopping and it will be nice to have our minds off of things for a bit. What are your holiday rituals???

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I have ten million different holiday rituals because I love Christmas! One of them is that I bake dozens upon dozens of Christmas cookies of all kinds. I'm already planning out my recipes for this year.

alicia said...

ohh i also love christmas movies! yay can't wait! I also love shopping and planning the presents, but i am already done all that! so next will be decorating, but I think I will wait till Dec to get started on that one :)

I am glad you are doing the acup, i think it will help you relax for sure, and it really gets your body moving things in the right direction!