Sunday, November 30, 2008

lazy holiday weekends

...aaaaah, I just love 'em! Tomorrow is my last day off after 4 long, wonderful, relaxing days. So sad. I didn't do any shopping yesterday really. I did go to Cato for a few minutes because I knew that they were having major markdowns, but it doesn't really count because it wasn't anywhere near a big store or mall. I got 3 tops, a long scarf and a skirt for $30. Can't beat that! So I did go there and I did get a sweater for me and 2 sweaters for J from Old Nav.y online, but I am amazed at myself for not shopping my heart out this weekend.

The majority of my weekend has consisted of eating, snuggling the pups, napping, hanging out with my hubby, watching movies, napping, and napping some more. We watched The Holiday last night. It ranks right up there with Love Actually as a movie that I must see to feel like I've really kick-started the holiday season.

Tonight, we had a fun dinner with some cousins and an aunt. We got silly and played some games and the night was topped off by recreating some family photos, circa 1985. My sister and I posed like one of our pictures from when we were little and then the cousins did one of theirs. They were hilarious. Then we piled on eachother and got some pictures in front of the tree. My cheeks hurt.
-------------------------------
Onto other things...acupuncture went well last night. She said that the herbs wouldn't have caused the spotting. She thinks it might be a fluke thing. She said not to worry about it and I've pretty much put the possibility of being pregnant out of my mind. I did test this morning...way too early. But I just thought I'd see. BFN, of course. I hope that AF shows on time this month though, because otherwise I know I will drive myself nuts thinking that maybe something could have happened. I once had a 57 day cycle (early on in our TTC journey) and I had myself convinced that I was pg. Little did I realize the it was virtually impossible. Now I know better, but I could still do without a 57 day cycle!

That was a pretty meaningless post, but the moral of the story is that I truly love long lazy weekends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your lazy weekend :)

I hope you don't mind me visiting your blog. I am a fellow infertile and injector.

Best of luck with the herbs and acupuncture. I hope your much wanted child isn't too far away.

HereWeGoAJen said...

This was a nice long weekend! I feel like it ought to be Monday today.