Wednesday, January 7, 2009

journal post and weird acu!

This is going to basically be a journal post because I feel like I need to organize the seven million thoughts running through my mind!

I needed acupuncture SO badly tonight! Things are just hectic! There's no other way to put it. With having just this week and next before leaving for vacation, I feel like I should be working 6am-8pm every night. But...I am not. It'll all get done and I tend to do much better under pressure, so by this time next week, I'll be tying up all sorts of loose ends and finishing everything on my Outlook task list. At least that's the hope.

Speaking of acupuncture, it was kind of weird tonight. I was in a different room. Not my normal warm and cozy room. I didn't think I'd fall asleep. Sure enough, I did, and for a long time, but it was a weird sleep. First of all, my intuition point (between my eyes on my forehead) kind of hurt. I don't know, it was weird. It is always a strange sensation, like if I open my eyes, I can't focus and there is a lot of sort of swirling pressure there. Maybe I'm THAT full of intuition! But it's also my favorite point because I can focus in on it and when I'm drifting off, I have very vivid and enlightening thoughts. Today, however, I kept getting flashes of animals. I remember tigers and turtles mostly, but they were flashes and the animals were sort of pictured on these big green leaves. Weird. I don't know that it means anything but it was still odd. After a long sleep, I woke rested and ready to get out of there. Only she didn't come to remove the needles for probably another 10 minutes, so I just had to lay there. I didn't like that.

Then I came home, had some dinner, did a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, had a healthy snack and tried out the new Jillia.n Michael.s game for Wii fit. (Yeah...not so impressed. Maybe it was just me but I didn't like it one bit. I'll give it another go, but I'm not the biggest fan thus far!) But I'm happy that I actually made some sort of attempt to get back on the saddle with working out. I couldn't believe it, but the WF told me it'd been 177 days since my last login. WOW!! I didn't realize it had been that long! Granted, I wasn't using it much during most of the early fall when we were running, but still! I was relieved to see that I had actually dropped about a pound since the last weigh in. (And I set a new goal of 10 lbs. in 1 month. Totally doable if I keep things like today!)

I'm working on my first project from my 12 Projects in 12 Months list. I decided to focus on my office at work. One, because it's bare and empty and oh-so sad. Two, because we'll be at the outlet malls during vacation and I'm hoping to find something great for the walls.

And now, you can disregard. I'm just going to log my food intake so that I can try to hold myself accountable. Not sure it'll happen every day, but it's still on my mind right now.
  • 2 cups of coffee (with cream and sugar...bad!)
  • 90-cal b-fast bar
  • 100-cal can of roasted italian veggie soup (omg, it's C.ampbells and YUM!)
  • handful of scoo.ps chips...probably 20
  • small serving of leftover spaghetti
  • piece of garlic bread
  • 15 triscuit bites
  • 3 slices/chunks of white sharp cheddar cheese
  • apple
  • LOTS of water
  • Rough estimate: about 1800 calories for the day, 40 minutes of exercise and probably burned about 300 calories, bringing me to around 1500 cals.

No comments: