Wednesday, January 14, 2009

worst day ever

in short:
  • lots of snow (good!)=long drive to work and getting in an hour late (no big deal, but not good!)
  • issues at work: lots to do before heading out for vacation, squabbles within the support staff, several meetings...all of this means I got nothing checked off of my list today
  • had lunch with an alum. they typically last 1 hour, 1 and a half at MOST. yeah..this one? 3 1/2 hours. this also resulted in not being able to make it back to the office after lunch because...
  • I left my coat at my friend's house a few weeks ago. My WINTER coat, which I will need with all this snow and with vacation in the mountians coming up. So I called, she said she would be home, I drove the 30 minutes to her house (on bad county roads, no less) to find that she was NOT there. I wait for 15 minutes. Nothing. I head back to town and she calls. She's at the salon, so I have to turn around, go to another small town nearby and get my coat. (Thankfully I got it, I guess I shouldn't complain.) Which...
  • Made me late for acupuncture.
  • To top it all off, I got home to an empty house. (boo) j had inventory today and the poor guy has been at work since 4:00 this morning. It's now 7:20pm. I feel so bad for him and there's nothing I can do.
  • Once I get in the garage, I head down the snow covered driveway to get the mail...and you could probably guess what's next....feet over head, I fall right on my butt. And there was a car passing which makes things even more embarrassing!

I feel like there is a black cloud over my head today. I just want to curl up with my dogs and my hubby.

I need to end this on a good note, so here are some great things that happened today. Gotta see the silver lining of that black cloud:

  • I am officially starting!! Yay for a 30-day cycle!!!!
  • The acu was so excited for me. She said we can start focusing on fertility-focused acu, which is what I have been waiting for!!! She also gave me some tiao.jing cu.yun wan, which, after a quick google search, are referred to as motherhood pills or baby pills.
  • I *did* get my coat back. I *didn't* have any problems on the bad roads.
  • I had a very relaxing acu appointment.
  • And now, best of all, J just pulled in the garage.

Debbie downer, signing off...

9 comments:

alicia said...

ohh super bad day! but I am glad there were some silver lining!!

In Due Time said...

Bad days suck!

Congrats on starting. I'm hitting day 71 with no signs here. Damn it.

the misfit said...

I love your silver lining: starting your cycle. That's awesome - things mean so much to this gang that mean so little to the "normal" world. AND - normalizing your cycle? That's, well, half the battle, as GIJoe would say. Good luck with the next half!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your tough day. It's great when we can still see the silver lining despite all the other stuff. Congrats on starting! (ICLW)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better than snuggling with hubby and the dogs -- that's one of my favorite pastimes, especially when I have had a tough day.

Happy ICLW!

Bluebird said...

Aw, what a crappy day! But how great of you to see the silver lining - that takes work sometimes!

Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering about doing acupuncture for IF... seems like so many blogsisters are into it these days.

lostintranslation said...

Sorry you had such a bad day last week but I hope you had a wonderful vacation! And 'yay' for starting! *ICLW#39*

Jessica White said...

Sorry about your day: Hopefully you don't have another one like that for a while.
YAY for starting your cycle. Good luck!

ICLW