The challenge is to come up with 10 favorite things that start with a particular letter. Kate has assigned me the letter "P". After you read this, if you want to play, please comment with one of your favorite things that start with the letter "R" and I'll assign you a letter for your challenge.
- I love the takeoff and the landing (notsomuch the ability to psyche myself out) of PLANES. Mostly, I love them because they mean that I am traveling, which is probably my most favorite hobby in life. I love to experience other cultures and learn new things. Planes are comforting to me and I can fall asleep within about 2 minutes of takeoff about 90% of the time.
- Anyone who knows me IRL knows that I love love loooove my PUPS. They are too cute not to love and they are such a blessing. Kow.e is sassy and bitchy and take-charge and spoiled and cuddly and loving and she will always be my baby.
Luke is sweet and timid and sensitive and loyal and loves to be petted and cuddled at every minute and he is my sweet little man.
- The best 'P' word that I can think of to describe my self-indulgences is PRESENTS. I feel pretty lucky to be able to spoil myself and to be so spoiled by J. (I guess that's one perk of not having kids yet, huh!?) I love getting my hair done and getting massages and acupuncture and spa days and facials...everything to do with being pampered. I also am a shopaholic to the core and love the feeling of finding a steal! I spend way too much time (and probably money) flipping through my li.a sophi.a catalog finding my next prized possession, or stalking the racks at Ann Tay.lor Lof.t to find a perfect piece. I think everyone deserves to be poured over and pampered upon and I'm not afraid to do so for myself! :)
- Getting off of the uuber self-centered focus, I have to say that I adore my PROFESSION. I knew that it was the perfect job for me as a sophomore and I can't tell you how much it has fulfilled every expectation! I am a fundraiser for my alma mater (to come later), which means that I get to travel all over, visit with our amazing alums and raise money for a wonderful cause. I highly recommend it as a career for anyone who loves people, travel and philanthropy. It's so much fun, the perks are great, and as an added bonus, there is a lot of money to be made in this profession! (Not that I'm there quite yet, but it's in the future, for sure.)
- That leads me to my alma mater...P.URDUE UNIVERSITY! It's a great place to get an education, a sweet city to live in (just ranked the #6 Most Educated Small Town in Amercia by Forbe.s Magazine). Yes, I may have a biased view, but I love the Boiler.s!

- Something that I love very much but we don't seem to do as often as I'd like is PICNICS. They're so romantic and fun. There's nothing better than a day hiking and picnicing and laying in the grass. Aaaah, spring...how I long for thee.
- I am so in love with PATRIC.K SWA.YZE. (Pre-weird plastic surgery.) What a freaking GOD!! I am so sad for what he's going through. The world would be such a better place had we been able to freeze frame his hot body from 1989 to enjoy for eternity. I am positive there would be peace on Earth.
- I have become quite addicted to taking PICTURES. No, not good ones. Not high quality ones, just fun ones. My IRL blog is pretty much all pictures. I also love reading blogs with real pictures in them. It lets me get to "know" someone better. And I'm much more likely to continue reading a blog with lots of pictures than one with only print. (Note to self: take your own advice!)
- Because I'm grabbing for staws here, I will mention my absolute, mouth-watering looove for PICKLES. Slices, spears, bread & butter, dill, spicy, kosher, on a burger, on a salad, even on a hot dog and especially deep fried! Yummm.
- Last but not least, I suppose I will go with the Pri.us. My lease is up in a few months and what I really want is an Acur.a TL. I have a 4R.unner right now and it's great, but we bought it with the expectation that we'd have strollers and pack-n-plays and car seats to haul around. Obviously we all know where that went. J doesn't think we should spend the money on a TL. They take expensive gas and it would be an increased payment. FINE. So now he has me considering a Pri.us. I love the idea of going green but I also don't want to end up looking like a complete dork (like I did with my '89 Ford Escort for 7 freaking years!) I hope that I can be a trendy, tree-hugging, funkycute hybrid car driver and avoid the nerdy look (which will totally be J's look when he's driving the thing!). We'll see, but I do love it!!
There you have it! Don't forget, to play just leave a comment with your favorite "P" thing and I'll give you a new letter. Much fun!!


No comments:
Post a Comment