Sunday, January 25, 2009

our cabin in the woods

I don't have a ton of good pictures to share of our vacation. After all, we were too busy reading, relaxing, playing games and snuggling to take pictures. But I did get a few.
My favorite meal ever was at a great mexican restaurant where they make the guacamole fresh at your table. Holy MOTHER, that place was good!! I could've done a double dose of the guac and drink and nixed the rest of the meal, but either way, it was so fabulous. Here's a picture of Luke while we were driving. He can fall asleep anywhere and doesn't care what's going on. I'm kind of the same, actually. I just think he looks so cute here.
Here we are during a little hike. There's a waterfall behind us (a tiny one, that is) and the dogs loved playing around in the mud and leaves, trying to chase squirrels.Here's my litle girl looking out for birds and squirrels. They loved the screened in porch and it was elevated, so she was at the same level as everything in the trees!Finally, may I boast a bit??! Of course I can, because that's what blogs are for! I took some pictures of my amazing steals that I talked about a few days ago.

Here is the jacket that I got for $7 (!!!), along with 2 tops:
Here is a close up of the detail on the tops. I have a problem that when I love something, I get it in lots of colors. But I think these will look great with a black belt or under a suit, so I'm pretty sure I'll get use out of them.Again, with the repeated colors thing. But I loved the little rose and these suckers were like $4 each, so how could I pass them up?!? And I'm a sucker for the white collared shirt look. I wear them all the time, so whenever I can find one with a little fun detail, I jump on it...especially at those prices!
Here are all of my bottoms. Khakis, grey dress pants, black khakis and jeans, then below is a skirt. The skirt is a bit different but I think it'll be cute with a black turtleneck, black tights and tall black boots. Plus, seriously, it was $3.50! No joke. I got everything from these four pictures for $113!! I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am. We're talking Ann Tay.lor Lof.t prices here, so all of this would have cost me over $500 if I had bought them all separately!Here are a few things I got at the Gap. (You can, again, see my repeated colors theme.) And this is strictly an ode to Alicia, the lover-of-all-things-shoe! I can't wait until the snow clears up a bit so I can trot around in these:

I have 1 more day of vacation. I'm going to spend it visiting with my new niece that is just over a week old. Then I'm going to go buy some OPKs because lord HELP me I think I'm preparing to OVULATE!!! I've got some action going on over on the right side and right now I'm on about CD10, so I'm hoping to see something (ANYthing) on an OPK this week. I've decided to hold off on the baby pills (from THIS post) until next cycle. Hopefully she can try some IF focused acu this week and we'll see how it goes. Then next month, we'll be doing another injectable cycle, so hopefully the pills will add to the possibility of success!

7 comments:

momofonefornow said...

ohhhh, I love the shoes and the bargains. Oh, the bargains!!

Soralis said...

Loving the clothes. I think if you love something you should get it in all the colors you love! :)

Take care and good luck

ICLW

HereWeGoAJen said...

Adorable puppy! And that Mexican food looks so good that I might have to go out tonight.

alicia said...

ahh the shoes! they are amazing!!!! where were they last week, I sooo could have had those in the contest! hee hee, next time right! those clothes are awesome, what a great shopping trip you had! and the vacation looks incredible, ahh it is soo nice to get away and relax hey!

yay O time!!!!

the misfit said...

those are some serious shoes.

andrea said...

Love the cabin - it looks awesome!! I'm just wondering if you've read the Shopaholic series at all ? ;-)

Christina said...

I haven't read that series yet, Andrea...my sister loved it, so I'm guessing that I would, too.

Might have to add it to my ever-expanding list, though!

C