What did I do for Earth Day, you ask?
Well. Actually. I littered.
I feel so horrible but I took the dogs for a walk, equipped with 2 grocery bags for poo. I stuffed them in my pocket and went along my merry way. One dog poo'd. I took care of that and shoved the other sack into my pocket. Then about 10 minutes later and on the entire other side of the subdivision, I realized that somewhere along the way I had lost my other bag. How? I have no idea. So I probably looked like a crazy dog-lady because there were lots of people at the playground and I turn around in midstep, all the while trying to keep the dogs from a.) intertwining their leashes, b.) barking at every child/woman/dog/bird that they (or, should I say, SHE because it's really only the one dog that has an issue with this) see, and c.) cowering underneath my feet because Lukey is scared of little kids. Not to mention that I was talking to them the whole time and definitely caught myself saying "What did Mommy do with our poo bag?" It was a sight, indeed.
But I retraced our entire walk. I searched up and down and even between houses where it might have blown. No bag. I felt so horrible, as it makes my blood boil when people are so disrespectful of our planet. So I was literally depressed all night, cancelled the remainder of our walk and couldn't stop thinking about that one stinking bag.
I think I should go pick up some extra trash today to make up for things. One good thing, though, is that later that evening I was doing dishes and out my kitchen window, I saw a couple walking without a dog, but with a grocery sack the same color as the one I littered. So hopefully they found it (and probably cussed at the irresponsible and disrespectful people of the neighborhood).
I hope everyone did their part for Earth Day to make up for me!



No comments:
Post a Comment