So I had lunch with a coworker today and finally asked her about whether she planned to have kids. I've wondered for a while, as she is 29 and her husband is over 50, so I've known that if they were going to, it would have to be somewhat soon.
I found out that she is not. She cannot. I'm really sad for her. She was so sweet and graceful about it. I wish I were as graceful at times. In fact, I've been thinking lately that this is going to be my goal. It's very tough, but I want to be happy for other people when they get pregnant. I want to be someone who others can say is handling this ordeal with grace and class...as hard as it may be. (Nevermind the fact that I cringed when I saw the headlines that Ashlee Simpson is pg. Whatever...I'll start the graceful stuff SOON!)
Anyway, back to my friend. She has severe PCOS. She also has a tilted uterus, fibroids and a blocked tube. Gosh, I thought I had it bad. They gave her a 20% chance of having IVF work. And that was just to get her pg...let alone to handle the pregnancy with a tilted uterus. So they are still deciding what to do and considering adoption. I just can't imagine her not being a mom. I'm really sad for her right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment