Monday, April 7, 2008

pop! pop! poppoppopppop!

That, my friends, is the sound of pregnant women springing up around me faster than the dandelions in the summertime. I seriously feel like that's the sound I'm hearing. Every time I turn around, another POP!!

I got a phone call today from none other than my old assistant manager (who is 22, unmarried, and has had 2 pg scares in the last, oh, 7 months). She was really nervous as to how to tell me, but she found out yesterday that she is 7-10 weeks pg. NOT planned. NOT wanted. I can handle this. I'm getting used to it at this point. What was hard to choke down was the fact that she spent the next 15 minutes bitching about how she's so crampy and this was not in her plan and her family is going to be so mad, bitch, bitch, bitch. I congratulated her and said that she would be fine and they will be good parents, but then she had the audacity to say that yes, they'd be fine and then she pulled out the God card. God must just want her to have a baby right now. It must be a lesson.

COME ON!!! God wouldn't teach you a lesson by giving you a helpless child. And I can't stand when people say that it must be in God's plan because that indirectly suggests that God doesn't think I'm ready to have a baby, or doesn't want me to have a baby.

Uuummmppphhhh!! That's the sound of me flipping stupid people off.

Oh, and I also found out today that one of DH's coworkers who had her tubes tied and clearly didn't want any more children is now pg. And not too happy about it.
I am taking all of this quite well, actually. Not a tear shed. I guess at some point I have become sort of calloused. Oh well, vent over.

No comments: