Wednesday, August 20, 2008

happy birthday to me!

I am 28 years old today! 2 years till 30. Crazy stuff. I sure hope I have a baby by the time I turn 30.
I put the almost birthday thing because in my house, we have a huge countdown till my birthday. J celebrates every day with me for a week leading up to my birthday. He gives me a small gift every day for one week and then the last one on my birthday. They're sometimes small but always well thought out and always stuff that I really want. I am like a kid in a candy store opening them. I love love love surprises!! So I got some running socks, some homemade chocolate chip-chocolate chunk cookies (and got to lick the bowl), a PedEgg (omg, it really works and is fabulous!), Tori Spelling's book that I have been wanting, some lia sophia jewelry and Cubs tickets. We have a trip to Chicago at the end of the month and I find out my final surprise tonight, which will take place in Chicago. I can't wait!!
This morning, my mom called me at 10 till 7 and said that she wanted to call me at 6:34 since that was when I was born, but she gave me a few more minutes of sleep and thought I'd be up by then. Only I wasn't because I got to sleep in a bit today and enjoy breakfast in bed. I still enjoyed the call, though.
Okay, enough me-me-me. But when else can you do it but on your birthday?!

4 comments:

Ariella said...

Happy Birthday!

We celebrate birthdays for a whole week too. I find it is the only way to do it and LOVE it. Have a great day!

Jill said...

Whooo HOoo!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday! I love your weeklong celebration tradition. I think I want to start celebrating my birthday that way too! lol :)

kirke said...

Here from ICLW. Happy Birthday! I also love the PedEgg. What a special treat that turned out to be :)