Wednesday, August 13, 2008

she lurks

I know that AF is around the corner. I am on cd27, 13dpo and I never go this long without spotting. Typically, spotting starts at 10dpiui/o and at MOST, 11dpo. Never 13! I know she's lurking her ugly little self around the corner, but I'm utterly confused as to why she hasn't shown. I'm hoping that she does tonight.
As for this cycle, there is very little hope. Yes, I O'd. Yes, I reacted well to the Femara with 2 big follies. BUT...no IUI. I just don't think it's going to happen without an IUI.
On a happy note, I think I have really benefited from taking what I feel like is a break cycle. My overall demeanor is more upbeat. Less stressed. I guess I didn't quite realize the weight that I carried on my shoulders. There was the constant worrying about symptoms, cycle days, the weight of letting everyone down-month after month...all of those things took their toll. So this has been nice. Not to mention that we aren't sharing every detail with our family and friends. That helps because I don't have to answer the same questions over and over again.
So yeah...I'm enjoying the break, surprisingly enough. And if AF shows within the next two days, we will likely be taking another full break because I will be traveling during the peak cycle days. I'm supposed to call my nurse if AF hasn't arrived by Friday. I'm thinking she'll come overnight tonight. I'd really rather not spend $80 on a blood test for nothing.

No comments: