Saturday, August 23, 2008

weekend pictures

Since I'm trying to be a better picture-blogger, more like my IRL blog, I thought I would add some pictures from this weekend. My weekend started out on the right foot when I got home to find a lovely package from Alicia. It contained these little jewels:
What are they?, you might ask. Well, they are socks, obvs. But not just any socks...these are lucky fertility socks! Much luck came Alicia's way, I'm sure due in no small part to her lucky fertility socks. So she decided to pass the buck, so to speak (or maybe I should say 'pass the sock'), and she passed on 3 sets of lucky socks. Check out her blog, it's hilarious...I've laughed, I've cried, I've shopped..all from her blog! She has lots of specific posts about the lucky socks and basically, I will (crazy as it may look) wear one combination or another of these to all of my fertility related appointments. I am on a break cycle right now, but I can't wait to see how these little fellas work for me! I promise to document and pass the sock if they turn out to be lucky for me! [NOTE: The socks are new. Not used, because eeewe. I actually have an unnatural hatred toward feet, so I couldn't put socks on my feet that someone else had worn, even if they are clean like Alicia!]
In other news, I went shopping today! (surprise, surprise) Actually, I had lots of good coupons, gift certificates and birthday money, and that sh!t burns a hole in my pocket!

So my first stop was to Old Navy. They were having that $12 denim sale. Only it wasn't allll denim, just the basic straight legged denim. The pair that I wanted were like $34. No thanks. Plus I get annoyed there because it's too messy. So onto a much tidier store, The Limited! I had $50 in gift certificates and a coupon for $25 off of a $50 purchase, so I basically had $75 to spend there. Which doesn't go far, as we all know. So I wished and washed between a pair of uubercute pants and two tops. I figured I'd go with the tops and get more bang for my buck. Despite the fact that I need pants waaay more than I need tops. But I digress. I came away with these two lovely tops. I'm so so ready for fall!!! The sweater is a basic cardigan but has a frilly ruffle around the collar. Just my style. And the black top has a ruffle design that is in a different material at the top. It's so flattering on, especially with big tatas.

Then I made my way to JC Penney. They happened to be having a great sale on pants, so I picked up 2 pair of black pants (after a mild meltdown this morning after finding that every pair of black pants that I own is too big for me....a happy problem to have, just not when you're in a hurry and going to a funeral!) But I also picked up these two tops for $7.49 a piece. The gold is a little loud in the picture, but much cuter in person. Plus, my university's colors are black and gold, so I clutch on to anything that I can get my hands on that is cute and any sort of goldish tint. The gray top is more of a green and it's got a silky belt. I also had coupons for BBW. We're down to 2 bottles of handsoap, so I stocked up on that and got some sanitizer. Btw, if you haven't smelled the Sea Island Cotton, I highly suggest it! It's very fresh and relaxing.
Then I ran to the grocery to stock up on some things for my Papaw's 70th birthday party tomorrow. Finally, I made my way home to the pups. Here's Ko.we looking like she's surprised to see me.
And Lukey asking what he can do to help me unpack all of my goodies. Such a sweet little helper.

One more day left for the weekend. Why, oh why do they go so fast?!?!

11 comments:

coco said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Here from ICLW. Looks like you had a great day shopping! I am glad I didn't waste my time going to Old Navy last night!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun. Love the socks, I hope they are "lucky" for you. I will definitely be checking out the Sea Island Cotton, I love that store and I don't go anywhere without hand sanitizer, I am such a germaphobe.

ICLW

Lost in Space said...

Lots of great deals!! I love the lucky fertility socks and hope they do the trick.

BTW, your furbabies are adorable. (:

alicia said...

yuppee!! I am glad you got the socks, I can't wait to see pics of you wearing them to appointments!! I really hope they bring you as much luck as they brought me!! looks like you did well shopping! and cute doggy! awe!

Katie said...

Awww what a cutie little dog! I love all the pictures and LOVE shopping! Good luck with the fertility socks! I read Alicia too, and yes, she IS hilarious!

Tabitha said...

I agree...the sea island cotton is amazing! I also love the Honeysuckle and the fresh peach. Yum!

KimboSue said...

Shopping days are always a blast! The pups are adorable!

ICLW

Just Me. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Alicia is such a sweetie! And your furry babies are just too cute!!

A said...

Looks like you had so much fun shopping! Love the limited pieces. I haven't been in there for years. Must rethink that.

cute pups, btw. we're 'little dog people' too... (rat terriers, tho)

from iclw

becklette said...

the worst part is... i HAVE an apron. i just... forget.

i went to old navy on saturday and it was INSANE, but they had the sale online, too, so i managed to get an exact duplicate of my current jeans (the flirt mid-rise bootleg, same wash, even) for $12... plus 2 tops for $10 each and jeans for the mister. $7 shipping is SO WORTH not getting into a chickfight over old navy jeans, or waiting in the hour-long line.