Monday, December 1, 2008

this sucks

I think I'm having phantom symptoms.
  • I keep getting these waves of nausea that, for an instant, get my hopes up. In reality, I think it's probably caused by the herbs this morning (I took a few days off from my pills), along with the grape juice, followed an hour later by a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks. Yeah...that's a lot of random stuff jumbling around in my tummy. But nausea=pregnancy, right? :)
  • I'm having lower back pain like you wouldn't believe. This is not unusual, it's just unusual to have lasted for a few days. (Typically, if I have a sore back, it's for like a day.) And it's unusual in that the spot is weird...my lower left back/hip.
  • Then there are the AF-like cramps. I have gone to the bathroom a good few dozen times during this long weekend with the full expectation of starting. I have that weird feeling "down there" like I get when I have just started lightly spotting right before AF starts. Seriously, several times, I have been utterly shocked that I haven't started. Granted, AF shouldn't arrive till this Wednesday, but the feelings are weird.
  • The baby dreams won't stop!!! I can't even handle it. At least every other day (and sometimes twice in a day...lots of naps during my long weekend!), I have had very real, very vivid dreams about babies. And they're very comforting...like, I feel as if I will have my baby. This is the first time in the 2+ years that we have been TTC that I have had this feeling. Maybe it's the acupuncture, too. Maybe the dreams are because of the intuitin point and the point to open up my spirit.

Either way, all of these silly, non-conclusive signs are getting to me. They all mean absolutely nothing! And my realistic mind tells me this is not possible. I know this is not possible but somehow the hope sneaks in....uuuugh...come on Wednesday!!

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Ooh, can I get my hopes up?

alicia said...

ahh, soo hard when your body is playing mind games with you! I hope these are all the real deal symptoms!! keeping everything crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers that these are real symptoms.

It's so hard not to hold onto that glimmer of hope isn't it?

LuckyOnce said...

I'm not trying to get your hopes too high, but I had implantation bleeding and period-like cramps before my positive... Thinking all happy pregnant thoughts for you!