Wednesday, December 3, 2008

not pregnant

Though it wasn't a surprise, per se, I was a little shocked by how much I had envisioned seeing a line. I will admit that I am somewhat let down. I didn't cry (which is pretty big news for me!), but I did stare at the thing like 7 different times trying to find the slightest hint of a line. It's like I know with almost 100% certainty that I could not be pg, yet I still imagined a miracle BFP, getting to tell family at Christmastime, etc. I envisioned having to tell the story of all those cycles with no luck, only to be followed by a break-cycle-bfp due to acupuncture. Oh how marvelous that would have been!!

But that isn't the case. I'm on cd27, so I'm fairly certain that I would have seen a line by now. I can't figure out why I wouldn't have started spotting at least, though. I guess that is just me without meds...I'm just hoping that my cycle is less than 50-something days. I guess I'll see what happens but if I haven't started by this weekend, I'm definitely going to call the doc...if for nothing else than to get some meds to make me start. But for now I'm going to go dig around to see if I can figure out how long my other break cycles were. Ooooh, the joys!!

3 comments:

momofonefornow said...

Oh, that really stinks. I think Nov 15th to Jan. 2nd has got to be the hardest time to be an IFer. I always thought that would be so fun to announce a pregnancy at a family Christmas. Sigh.

That ain't happening here either!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is worse, not seeing 2 lines or having a digital flash those words.

HUGS.

alicia said...

oh no, so sorry! hugs.