--Taffy from S.avannah's C.andy K.itchen, another favorite vacation of the year**Along the favorite things theme, one of my favorite memories from this past year with J was our camping trip. I am soooo not a nature girl (the natural curls don't do well with not showering...hence the bandana) but we have been wanting to camp for a long time and we actually had a fantastic time. So I got J a few things along the camping lines, including this table and 2 of these grilled cheese makers. I think we'll actually get some use out of them between camping, DMB concerts and PU football tailgating.

**Another thing that I got J (and me, really) was a tripod for the camera. We've begun to master the art of the self-portrait-style picture. But we've said for a long time now that we really need to get one of the tripods that we can set the camera up on and take good pictures instead of trying to balance it on the hood of the car or whatever random fence post is close by. I'm really excited for this.
**One item that I haven't gotten and probably won't, but really want to is the N.ike + iPo.d sport kit. We started running this year (did our 1st 5K and ran the whole thing...big stuff for us!) and we have fallen off of the wagon a bit. But we're both committed to getting back on the horse after the first of the year and I already have one of these (and yes, it has gone unused), so I think that if we had them together we could track all of our miles and whatnot. The only problem is that he doesn't have a nano. So I'm still contemplating this but I think it's a great gift for any runner, nonetheless!
**J is really hard to buy for. I can buy clothes for him until the end of time, but he doesn't wear them to work most of the time, so it can be a bit fruitless to spend a lot of time or money on him with clothes. Plus, he takes talls in shirts (he's 6'3" with a very long torso), so I typically have to buy online. I did find a couple sweaters for him at ON and there may be a vest that I can give him from E.ddie Bau.er.
SOOOO!!! What are the gifts beneath your tree this year? I love to hear what everyone else is doing and I would love some suggestions!


2 comments:
i totally just bought my mom the same i pod running thing!!! she is going to run a marathon this year, so I got her a marthaon starters kit that I made! with books, magazines, special drinks and snacks meant for runners! so cool!
We do a combination of the handmade/homemade, practical and "wish list" at our house. I have a crochet fetish (an addiction almost) so everyone gets something - slippers, sweater, hat, scarf, throw.... - that I've made.
I hope that you and Josh have a great holiday - and that you enjoy all of your gifts.
Best wishes for 2009
ICLW
Post a Comment