My hopes have been bombed!! Screw this shit. I just talked to Nurse J to see if I could have a consult with the RE about possibly skipping further IUI cycles and going straight for IVF. She said that was perfectly fine. We set up the appointment. Then I asked what the estimated cost of drugs would be. To which she responded, "Well, the total cost is typically between 10 and 12K."
Ummm. What?!?! What happened to THIS quote? Granted, I knew it was really low, and it didn't include ICSI, but how could the quote have been off by like 4 grand?
So...this will require a long conversation. I'm kind of feeling like we're back to square one. Which would be okay. I guess. After all, it would give me a chance to see how the acupuncture is working. Plus, Nurse J told me that she is going to start stockpiling some Fo.llisti.m to give to me. SO I guess if I could get away with another cycle at under $2,000 or so, I should probably do it.
I still think I need to lose some weight, though. So I feel like I have a good month and a half, if not two, to lose about 20lbs. That would be good. Plus, I will see in about another 2 weeks how my cycle is. Hoping that it goes down from 42 days. If so, I will feel better about things.
Oh, I also found out that the financial lady is now gone from my RE's office. And so is the receptionist. Cleaning house, I tell ya! I liked the billing lady but she was a bit scattered, that's for sure. The receptionist was meh... But Nurse J said that they have a hard time keeping receptionists. She said that it is really tough for them because of the emotional aspects. I can see that...
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
boo!! i hate how expensive IF stuff us, soo lame. Good luck deciding what to do next, thinking about you for sure!
I'm so sorry that you're hitting another bump in the road!
ok, I had to go back and read your original post. Does the IVF itself still cost $3000? And if they are stockpiling the follistim (the most expensive drug) then why would it cost 10K? Maybe you should call back again and talk to billing. 10K seems really high for the drugs. Not saying you shouldn't wait... but keep asking!
Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you can find a good solution somewhere.
Post a Comment