Sunday, October 19, 2008

rough weekend

...as in, we roughed it! I am one prissy chick. I admit it. No, I embrace it! I like being girly. But you can imagine everyone's surprise I said I was excited to go camping for the weekend. After all, for someone with naturally curly hair and a strict reliance on mousse, the thought of not being able to shower for 2 days (and be in public at times) is pretty scary. But I was really excited to do it!!! We got a lot of camping gear for our wedding (over 2 years ago) and haven't gotten much of a chance to put it to good use. So we packed everything up and headed south! We landed near Turkey Run State Park where we camped, hiked, ate (and ate and ate), and had an all around wonderful weekend...just the two of us. Here is one picture of us during our hike. For many many more, visit THIS post on my IRL blog.
While I was cutting onions and peppers for our beer brats, you'll never believe what I found!! Well, my (mostly) infertile friends, it was a pregnant pepper. That's right. If you look closely, you can see a baby pepper in the belly of the pepper.
Naturally, J told me that I should eat the pepper...maybe it'll give us some good luck! So I ate it and was surprised by the fact that it was really hot. Didn't expect that!! But as you can see, I had one of my dear and wonderful Stellas to help with that.
Since we were there for 2 nights, that meant 2 nights of taking my shot out in the wilderness. Here is a pic of me and my Follis.tim Pen becoming one with nature (because there is nothing more natural than fertility drugs, right?):
J documented the whole thing. My belly is still feeling fine but I already know it's doing something because every hour or so, I get a sharp pain on either side of my abdomen. It is the same pain that I feel when I take my trigger shots. My belly has started to lightly bruise but doesn't hurt at all. I am excited to see how things are progressing tomorrow when I get my u/s and b/w.
All done! Mind you, this is after 1 day of not showering and a full day of hiking and whatnot. Don't judge the taming of the fro via a bandana and pigtails...a girl's gotta do...

I hope everyone else had a great weekend! J is off all week which means that I am going to dreeaaaad going to work. It's gonna suck. But we're back on track this week with running and dieting!

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

You look cute with the bandana and pigtails.