We met with our RE today to discuss the next few months' worth of treatment. He gave us the choice of doing Femara for 2 cycles (1 with TI and if that doesn't work, 1 with IUI) or heading straight to injectables. When I asked him what he honestly thought we should do, he said that if I could be patient, that he would do the 2 rounds of Femara.
It's so much more cost effective...a whopping 32 bucks this entire cycle, plus the u/s. As opposed to $3000-$3500 for an injectables cycle. Next cycle will obviously be more with the IUI added in, but I can handle a couple months of no expectations and very little cost. Plus it gives us a bit longer to save for the injectables cycles.
So there we have it...
2 cycles of Femara
3 cycles of Injectables
IVF
Which is kind of creepy, really. That means that realistically, we could be on our way to IVF by January. That won't happen, but it is highly likely that we will be ready to move to IVF. If that's the case, we'll take a year off, save the 13 grand and then proceed. J is such a planner and though we could use about 1/2 of our savings to pay for an IVF cycle, he refuses. I can't say I blame him. So instead, we'll save save save and pay for everything in full. Not a bad idea...plus, if something happens in that year off, we'd have that much extra in the bank.
As for the injectable cycles...we thought they would be $1500. Not $3500. But RE said that it is unlikely that my insurance will cover any of the u/s or b/w because it will have to be coded as IF. So they will be OOP as well. We can almost swing that every month, but it looks like I need to be booking some lia sophia shows and I may have to stop going to Starbucks every morning and getting my nails done every 2 weeks with a pedi every month. A price that I'm *probably* willing to pay. (Maybe not the nails.)
Bleh...just what a girl needs...deprivation from all of the feel-good stuff when she needs it most! But I will say that I am super happy to have another lengthy plan. My pity party is officially over. Though I will say that J is quite the grump today. I think the $$ weighs on his mind, but I could freaking kill him and his attitude.
The pity party has officially ended. I'm feeling much better and the bright side is that I can get nice and toasty at my weekend FILLED with Dave Matthews concerts!! :) What would camping out at Dave be if I couldn't partake in some tasty adult beverages?!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I LOVED Femara and really hope it is your ticket drug to the BFP train too. It also is a reasonably priced drug and has very few side effects. I'll be sending you lots of positive thoughts for this next cycle.
Post a Comment