I'm working my way through the list and really trying to get my comments in. It is hard work and I have mad respect for those iron commenters out there! That was my hope...but I'm 2 days behind so at this point I want to say that I did it! I will get caught up with my 2 days' worth tomorrow, and my returned ones. I swear.
In the meantime, my bloglines updates are out of control. Blogging could be a full time job.
In other news, I am contemplating emailing our local women's magazine. They are doing a 6-issue focus on health topics. I feel like IF needs to be represented but I'm not sure that I am ready for that kind of public outing. On the other hand, I am very open about being infertile and feel like I want to wear that badge, like Lisa talked about. But it is definitely a huge step.
SO...ICLW'ers...what do you think? Should I bite the bullet and send something in? It obviously doesn't mean that they would choose to do an article or focus on it (and I would be happy if they even just did some research or a highlight about IF without even talking about my particular story), but would you be comfortable with having that spotlight, so to speak, on you? Thanks for any input. I'll keep you updated on what I decide to do.


4 comments:
I say go for it. It could end up being a wonderful opportunity--both for you and the readers of the magazine.
I'd have to agree. If you feel that strongly about it go for it. You already said you're open about being infertile. It's really not all that bad being outted. (My pastor did this to me in front of my entire church a few months back and I survived.)
I would do it. The only thing that is holding me back from discussing our IF is that it is male factor. It's my husband's right to decide who knows, just as if it were female, it would be mine.
God for it. If nothing else it might open some dialog.
ICLW
I think I would go for it, too. It is scary to "out" yourself to everyone, but so much good can come from this opportunity! Good luck with whatever you decide.
a late visit from ICLW--sorry!
Post a Comment