Tuesday, September 23, 2008

anniversar(ies)

Two years ago (last Tuesday), I literally married my Mr. *W*right! We had both been single for a long time and weren't necessarily looking for anything, but my response to the (what felt like) thousands of people who tried to set me up on blind dates and whatnot was that I was fine being single and I was waiting for my Mr. Right. Little did I know that I would find him in every way, shape and form...even literally!!
We fell in love pretty much instantly and were engaged after 3 months. We had a long engagement, mostly because I had braces and didn't want all of my pictures with braces on! Fool!! But the big day was September 16th, 2006 and it was one of the happiest days of my life, followed closely by the days my 2 nephews were born and the day we got engaged.
I have to let it be known that I feel 100% as if I cheated the system by scoring this one! He is my every dream. He is first and foremost, a genuine and honest man. Something that I would take over any amount of money or even love. Luckily, the love part is working well for us. But he's just one of those guys that people like. You know the ones! He loves to cook, he loves to garden, he takes care of me every day, he keeps me in line, he provides a stable foundation for our life and our family (ie he takes care of the finances which I hate with a passion!), he worries about me when I'm sick and pores over me at every chance he gets. I quite literally think I'm the luckiest person on Earth for finding him! I hope everyone feels the same about their husbands, too!This might be one of my favorite pictures of the day!

And, oh YES ladies, he does dance! (hee hee) No, really, though. From the moment that we started planning our wedding, I said that the only thing I wanted out of our reception was for people to leave saying, "Wow, that was fun!!" At some point during the night, every person at my reception was boogying...every grandparent, every stiff uncle, even some random golfers who had just finished their round and were getting a drink. Yep, they even danced at my wedding! So this silly picture of us makes me giggle. Nothin' better than a white man with no rhythm and a finger pointed firmly in the air!

The downside of our 2 year wedding anniversary is that it also marked our 2-year TTC anniversary. We were one of *those* couples who thought (with much naivete, I admit) that we would come home from the honeymoon knocked up and would be done having children by this point! Yeah, talk about getting wind knocked out of your sails! Today would mark 737 days of TTC. That's 737 days that have gone by thinking, praying, planning, hoping and TRYING for a baby. Not a day has gone by that we haven't thought about or talked about the day that we become parents. So while our 2nd anniversary was meaningful because I'm proud that we are in a very happy, fulfilling and satisfying marriage, it still stings that I haven't been able to give my husband the one thing that I know he will do even better than being a husband. There is no man on this planet who will be a better father. Not one. (That's not to say that there aren't a billion men who will be as great of fathers, but I have no doubt that there is no one out there who will do it better.) At this point, I'm really trusting that we won't hit the 1,000-day mark, but with as quickly as 737 days have passed, it is as if 1,000 is at my front step with it's finger pressed firmly on the doorbell.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! The pictures are great :) Best of luck in the TTC department--it's maddening, I know. Here from ICLW

tripmom827 said...

Happy Anniversary! The only thing that kept me sane during my endless TTC years was remembering that every day that passed was one day closer to that eventual day I would be a mom! Best of luck to you :)

ICLW

alicia said...

happy anniversary!

The 2 year mark is a hard one. I really hope that you will be no where near the 1000 day mark! hugs.

theworms said...

Happy Anniversry! Great pics. We just hit our TTC 2 year earlier this month, it just sucks. I hope we both get knocked up before the 3year mark. ICLW

Rebecca said...

Those are lovely pictures! It looks like it was a fun day. I had a very small wedding and two big receptions about a year later (got married in England). Isn't it nice when you find your partner for life? Happy Anniversary!

andrea said...

What you wrote about your DH is sooo sweet. He is just as lucky to have such a dynamic, loving, beautiful wife. Both of you will make awesome parents. Many many prayers that it will happen soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
(ICLW)

CappyPrincess said...

Happy Anniversary. Looks like your wedding was absolutely beautiful.

ICLW