Sunday, September 21, 2008

longlost pictures from Chicago

So back at the end of August, J and I went to Chicago. We did a chocolate tour, shopped till we dropped, stayed at the Raffaello which is next door to the John Hancock Building and has a rooftop garden, went to a Cubs game and had an all around fabulous weekend. So when I got home and went to update both of my blogs, my computer went berzerk and died, taking with it ALL of my pictures from Chicago. Not to mention the pictures that it took of my Grandpa's 70th birthday party, my abundantly growing garden and lots of cute doggie pics. I was one bummed girl.



BUUUTTT my friends, I did get a couple pictures from the Chicago Chocolate Tours website.
So, behold:
Here we are at our *favorite* shop, Teuscher Chocolates. You have not tasted heaven until you have tasted one of their champagne truffles made with Dom Perignon! Ooooh, the bliss! Oh, and the cool thing--everything is flewn in from Switzerland...down to the decorations on the wall and the gift boxes. (oh, and hello! jh.eri curl!...don't judge. it was hot.)
Then here we are in front of the candy wall at Lindt. That's a whole lot of melt-in-your-mouth goodness right there!Finally, here we are at Sarah's Candies where we got to go in the back and see the chocolate machine...and I felt like Lucy and Ethel. (ope! and the jh.eri curl has switched sides!)

We also went to Frango as well as Argo Tea, where we were treated to a chocolate croissant and some mint chocolate frothy hot tea. Ummmm! I highly recommend the choclate tour to anyone who goes to Chicago. You never run out of things to do in Chicago, but this was definitely something fun and different. I was so impressed with J because he found out about it around Christmastime last year and kept it from me till my birthday. If you're ever in Chicago for a girls' weekend or even with your DH, this is such a fun and tasty thing to do. They do private events for groups. We did the Mag Mile one, but next I want to do the Andersonville one because it seems to include a lot of small mom & pop-type stores.

1 comment:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from ICLW...
I have done some do-it-yourself chocolate tours of Chicago, but I didn't know there were official tours. Thanks for the info -- I'll file that away for my next trip there!