Thursday, September 25, 2008

Report Card

So I was doing some iclw browsing and came upon Baby Smiling In Back Seat's Report Card post
and thought it might be interesting to do, especially with recently crossing the 2-year mark of TTC. Here's how I think I score (and because I'm notoriously long-winded, there is, of course, an explanation!):
  • Babymaking--F (obvs.)
  • Dealing with IF--B+ (I think I'm pretty good at this, although I have had a bit of a break which lends to a much better mental state.)
  • Reacting to OPP (other people's pregnancies)--B (personally); A (publicly) (I try not to let my 4 trillion friends/family members/coworkers/etc. know how difficult it is when they announce their pgcies. Some months/days/particular people are easier to deal with than others, but overall, I think I'm doing okay.)
  • Career--A (I have my dream job and have had a few phoenomenal months! Woot!)
  • Wife--B (See grade in Home Ec.)
  • Daughter--C (I can't stand my dad. 'Nuff said.)
  • Daughter In-law--B+ (Lurve my in-laws!)
  • Sister--A
  • Auntie--A+ (Best damned auntie ever and proud of it!)
  • Colleague--A
  • Friend--B
  • Arts & Crafts--C (I haven't been as creative as I like here lately. It feels like there is no time.)
  • Travel--B (Traveling for work definitely helps. We do our fair share which is great...but will likely change as soon as we have kids!)
  • Nutrition--B- (I am chubby. Therefore, nutrition is not an A. But I'm really healthy in terms of blood pressure/cholesterol/sickness/etc. and eat fairly well...it's just the chocolate and the ice cream get in the freaking way!)
  • Phys. Ed.--B (We run 3 miles 3-5 times per week. That's not bad but could definitely be better. Our first 5K is this weekend!)
  • Blogging, IF--C (I'm not a very good commenter and am still working on figuring out how to make it more "me.")
  • Blogging, Personal/IRL--C (The content is good with lots of pictures but I don't update nearly as often as I should.)
  • Accounting--A- (I'm a serious shopper. But I think my hubby would agree that I've improved ten-fold over the past few years. And it can't be all bad when we continue to save more every month. I'm really good at finding amazing deals on the clearance rack at Target.)
  • Home Ec--C- overall; Cooking--D; Cleaning--C
  • Reading--B (I'm stuck on a book but have read a lot this year. I'm working through my "100 must-read books for 2008 & 2009" list which feels really good!)

In looking back over the past 2 years, things have really changed in my life. I have taken my dream job, evolved as a wife, done a ton of traveling, built great relationships with my nephews, worked at becoming more domesticated (granted there is still a lot of work to do on that end) and I think that I have tried hard to handle infertility with as much grace as possible. I clearly need to work on getting back into doing something to stir my creative juices, I need to lose weight, I need to be a better blogger and I need to put some serious attention toward becoming a domestic goddess.

Fun project!

3 comments:

Lifeslurper said...

Amazing how IF makes us take stock of our lives. Perhaps through the hardships of ART we find the real value of time and making the best use of our lives...Wot's this you are "chubby" business...you can run 5k...you are FIT in my book!

becklette said...

when did you start running? and did you blog it? i guess i have to spend my afternoon lull stalking you. i can't wait to see how you do this weekend!

(ps, you got married, like, a week before we did. and engaged in the same whirlwind timeframe!)

alicia said...

ohh scray report cards!! i hate those! ha ha, but yours looks pretty good!