This past weekend, J, my sister and I completed our first 5K race! We did it!! It was so rewarding after all of our hard work to train. We didn't come in first but we didn't come in last, so that's good. Actually, the first goal for J and I was to simply run the entire thing without walking. That took us a few months to accomplish, but once we did, we started looking at how long we wanted to complete the race in. Our first goal was 40 minutes but after running it for a while, we realized that we should shoot for 35.
J finished in about 31 and my sister and I finished in around 34. Since J finished earlier than me, he waited close to the finish line after he finished so that we could make it across the finish line together, holding hands...just like we do every night that we run. I'm so proud that we did it!!
I've already been investigating some other races to get involved with this year. There is at least one more 5K and then we are going to start training for a 10K. So exciting!!
J finished in about 31 and my sister and I finished in around 34. Since J finished earlier than me, he waited close to the finish line after he finished so that we could make it across the finish line together, holding hands...just like we do every night that we run. I'm so proud that we did it!!
I've already been investigating some other races to get involved with this year. There is at least one more 5K and then we are going to start training for a 10K. So exciting!!

2 comments:
yay! great job!
i'm pretty amped about my race... even though as it stands i can only jog 2/13 of it. my goal will probably be 40 minutes, but i think i'll be happy anywhere under 48. i'm pretty beat today from jogging 2 quarter miles (not in a row, so not a half mile) the last two days, but i'm pretty excited that i'll never have to double my jogging in one week again! and i think you're totally right... last night was not as hard as last monday was, even though i jogged twice as much. this is going to get easier.
Congrats!! 5Ks are so much fun! The best part is going out for breakfast afterwards and getting something good :-)
Post a Comment