Well, her baby shower was yesterday. I didn't go. I had a good excuse (jetlag) and was actually really honest with her about how difficult baby showers can be. Fine. But I get a phone call from her today (naturally...she wants the gift that I would have brought to the shower, I'm sure). I actually really do like this girl, as much as it seems the contrary. What I can't stand is her absolute disregard for our situation. So she calls me today and decides it's a good idea to bitch about the gifts that she received at her shower.
Her: I don't want to sound ungrateful, but people can seriously buy the
tackiest things for baby showers!
Me: Yep, that's true. There's a lot of dorky baby stuff out
there.
Her: I just don't understand why people think it's a good idea to not buy things off of my registry! I mean, I registered for a REASON!
True. I'll give her that. I am a big fan of buying from the registry. But some people aren't. And more importantly, I don't know why she thinks it is such a great idea to bitch to me about these things!! So fracking annoying.


7 comments:
How utterly insensitive of her. YOu are a better woman than I am because I would have trouble sparing a kind thought (let alone a kind word) for her.
ICLW
Yeah, I get that people see things from their own perspective (hers - apparantly is to bitch about anything and everything) but our job here as humans is to OCCASIONALLY try to see life through someone else's life. She will have a lesson in that soon enough, cause when that baby is born life (as she knows it) will cease to be about her and become ALL ABOUT THE BABY!
ICLW
ohhh so annoying! and you like this girl! wow, you have some patience!!!
Dude. I want to punch her in the head for you. How dare she complain to you about that? Makes me really, really mad.
I'm here from ICLW and I'll be exploring around your blog today. Sounds like you have a lot of interesting stuff to say.
Baby showers are so hard to go to when you are having trouble getting pregnant but to add the bitching part is just insane. She must be totally insensitive!
You have a ton of patience. I think I would have just let her have it.
Here from ICLW.
Some people just need to get a clue! Take care and hope your stitches heal up quickly. Visiting from ILCW.
Post a Comment