Anyway, I heard this Trace Adkins song today, for like the millionth time, (You're Gonna Miss This) and it just hit home for some reason. One of those 'right time, right place' kind of things. I got to thinking that I just need to be thankful for what I have. J and I are blessed beyond belief. We both have jobs that we enjoy. We have a steady and stable income, a beautiful home, great families, gorgeous pups, the ability to travel with freedom and ease...the list goes on. There is just ONE small tiny thing missing. And while it's harder on some days than others (yesterday, for example) to focus on the blessings, I did get a little slap in the face today.
The song talks about different stages of life: childhood, getting married, buying a house, wanting children, having grown children, etc., and the girl in the song is always looking forward and wanting something else. When she's a newlywed in a new apartment, she's looking forward to buying a house. When she's got screaming and crying little babies, she's apologizing to a stranger for it. And the whole chorus of the song is this:
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look aroundYou may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
This was a message that I needed to hear. So many of my friends who have kids always say how envious of J and I they are. We have financial freedom as well as general freedom to just up and go. We travel a lot. We do a lot of fun things and don't have anything holding us here like a lot of our friends. So they are often saying that we should enjoy what we have and that we'll know what they mean when we finally do have kids. I know this. It doesn't change the fact that I want a child, but I do know this. However, just hearing this song kind of brought things into perspective after my highly emotional day. I feel better. Much better.
Now, I'm off to catch a little sleep before I have to be up at 4 to catch a flight. I won't probably be online much for the next week, and I'm certain that I'll come back with my old friend AF in tow, but we do get to test our last day in Vegas. So wish me luck on that. Until next week...


1 comment:
Thank you for sharing the song. I hadn't heard it before and really like the message. We both have a lot of wonderful things in our life to be thankful for!
I hope AF stays away while in Vegas and instead you get to bring your BFP home. Have a fun safe trip.
Post a Comment