Saturday, March 22, 2008

Updates and Self Absorption

Update on this cycle's decision:
  • Cancelled the fun part of our trip to DC, having an u/s next Thursday, hopefully will trigger on Friday night and have IUI#2 on Sunday morning. Then I'll leave Monday morning for DC.

Update on my weightloss attempts:

  • They suck. I only went to the gym once this week and have had a sweet tooth like no other. In fact, I am seriously considering driving up the road for some Reese's Eggs. I had a dream about them, people!! That's a craving for you!

Update on the acupuncture:

  • THANK YOU!!! Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions! It seems like the overall attitude is that it has a lot of advantages, but no one can tell for sure whether it works that well. Hmmm. I think it's worth a shot. And since a lot of people say to do it for a couple of months to get regular, it might be something that I do if and when we take our break cycle. That way I won't have to worry as much about budgeting it in. Anyway, I really appreciate all of the help!!

Update on my life in general:

  • DH is driving me crazy. He's been really grumpy and has every right to be, as I know this is stressful on him, too. But he's been unpleasant to be around about 50% of the time.
  • I'm not feeling quite as down as I was. I think getting back to work has helped. We have a LOT of stuff going on at work right now...lots of events and trips, so I have a lot to keep my mind off of things.
  • Random side note: I ventured into a consignment store yesterday. I have a black tie dinner coming up and I don't really feel like spending $200 on a dress, so I thought I might be able to find something great (ie bridesmaid's dress that was only worn once or something of the like) and still have plenty of time to get it drycleaned. Well, I didn't find a dress, but I did find a STELLAR pair of Nine West shoes for $12...the soles aren't even used, so I'm guessing they've never been worn! And I also got a really cute skirt from Talbot's that still had the tags on it!! It was only $10. Pretty sweet deal!!! I think I'm going to hit another one here in town this afternoon. It's like high-class Goodwill shopping. And I love me some Goodwill!!
  • A coworker, my closest friend in the office, just started a form of diabetic medication to help her ovulate more strongly. I forget the name of it, but the side effects are having stronger ovulations. She was SO sick from the meds that she had to take a day off. So the doctor reduced her dosage and that seemed to help. It's nice to have someone who can kind of relate...though I am so hoping that she doesn't have to be on the drugs for too long, as she is 39 and will be such an amazing mother. I don't want her to have to wait!

Now, for the self absorption. Clearly, I love blogging. It's such a great way for me to get stuff off of my chest, to organize my thoughts, and it's a great place to store all of my plans/dates/meds, etc. It's just a great release for me. But I feel really self-absorbed. Where else can you EVER go and talk about you, and you alone??? Day after day, post after post....all about me!!! I don't think anyone would have friends if they did this IRL! Sometimes it makes me feel kind of egotistical, but in the end, I still love it. I believe that is all.

No comments: