Wednesday, October 1, 2008

U.T.E.R.U.S. fundraising: lia so.phia style!

**NOTE: This is a sticky post. My daily posts are below, but please feel free to join in on this great cause!!**

First off, let me say that Mel and Jen and everyone else who coordinates this stuff...they are all saints! I find myself trying to handle all of this IF stuff with as much grace as possible, but I am always inspired by the way that people from the IF community ban together to make things happen. One aspect of that is U.T.E.R.U.S., which, if you haven't yet, you should check it out...you will be inspired! I was. Which is the point of this post. I am a fundraiser for a Big 10 University, so philanthropy is second nature to me. I think it's important for people to give back when they can and I try to do so often. But I try to pick wisely so as to be able to give to the things I am most passionate about...and, well, IF is obviously one of those things. So when I read about Vee and Mary, I felt like I needed to do something to help. This is what I came up with:

I sell li.a s.ophia for fun...mostly for the discounts and free jewelry! If you aren't familiar, visit here. The jewelry is amazing, and I'm not just saying that because I sell it. In fact, I started selling it because I went to a show--fell in love--booked a show--fell MORE in love and realized that I had to have it alllll!! So I do a show now and then, but I also use it as a way of giving back (by either holding fundraisers or by donating jewelry directly for local auctions, depending upon the cause).

So as my contribution to this amazing cause, I am going to hold a fundraiser right here on my blog. I normally make 30% profit on the jewelry that I sell and I will be donating the FULL amount to U.T.E.R.U.S. (plus a little extra, I'm sure!)

The best part for you--you get to give back while also GETTING some gorgeous jewelry in return! It's a great time to start thinking about holiday gifts...or, if you're like me, it's always a great time to shop for yourself! This way, there's no guilt because you're doing a good thing!

There is a minimum show amount of $250, so please please please pass it along and feel free to share it in your own blog. The more orders, the more money WE can give back to Vee and Mary. My fundraiser average is around $800 and I would love to exceed that average and be able to give these deserving ladies more than $250! So get to shopping, ladies!

Here's how it will work:

  • I will take orders until November 1st. Please note the specials below!
  • You can click here to browse the catalog. Find something (or things) that you like and email me at chr.istina.mbw@gmail.com (take out the two ".s" in my name...I just don't want to be searchable). You can just email me the items that you want and send me your phone number and I will call you to get payment, address, etc.
  • I will post updates here and there with some suggestions, some pictures of pieces that I have and updates on our totals so far. Check back often and send your friends and fellow bloggers!
  • If you would like to see a real catalog, I can mail one to you. Just let me know. Also, if you would like to see additional pictures of something, I will be happy to take some if I have the item in my personal collection.
  • Orders will be placed at the close of the fundraiser, sent directly to my home and I will then put them in the mail. You will receive them in plenty of time for the holidays if needed.
  • Once I close the fundraiser, I will send a check along with a card including everyone's name who participated in the fundraiser.
  • Everyone lives happily ever after!

Now for some specifics. And some SPECIALS!!

  • LS MONTHLY SPECIAL: Buy any 2 items at full price, get any 3rd item at 1/2 price PLUS 3 additional necklaces at 1/2 price! TIP: You pay full price for the items of YOUR CHOICE. Therefore, you naturally pay full price for the LEAST expensive items, allowing you to get the higher priced items at 1/2 off! (This can get confusing, especially since I can't talk through it to you, so let me know if there are questions about the special.)
  • AN ADDED SPECIAL FROM ME: Spend $65 or more (pre-tax and shipping) and receive a $20 Gift Certificate to be applied to your order!
  • EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Order before October 17th and receive $10 OFF of your purchase!! (Can't be combined with the $20 from above.)
  • I can take Visa, Mastercard or Discover as payment. For security purposes, I will call you and get your information over the phone, put it directly into the online ordering system and won't keep a copy at my home. I am also happy to give you my work website so that you can see that I am who I say that I am and you can see my IRL blog via my profile. :)
  • LS offers a LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE. This means that if you break/scratch/stretch/ruin your jewelry, even if it's 10 years from now, as long as you keep your receipt, you can return it to ls and have it replaced!

For now, enjoy some of my favorite pieces:

Necklace goes with EVERYthing;
Love the bracelet, too!
OMG-this is so gorgeous!! Very long, too.

Purple is the new Black!
This separates and can be 1, 2 or 3 different necklaces:

Isn't she pretty?? I love the circles! !

Beautiful shiny cross!

The one below and right is my go-to necklace. It seriously goes with everything from T-shirts to blouses!

Tiger's Eye Necklace

Black and gold with big pearls...weee!

The little white one is the reverse. You get 2 necklaces for the price of 1!

Soon, I will make a post with some of my favorite suggestions for pieces that will go with a lot of things for not a lot of money. (Like the last piece pictured.) PLEASE feel free to contact me with ANY AND ALL questions! I look forward to helping with this amazing cause! Happy guilt-free shopping!

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Thanks! This is such a wonderful thing for you to do to help UTERUS.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

You absolutely rock.

mary said...

I can't say thank you enough. The support and love I am getting from this wonderful group of women I have never even met is so overwhelming it makes me cry (but healing, amazed tears for a change.) You are so wonderful to do this. Thank you!
~Mary

ColourYourWorld said...

WOW! This is amazing, you are AMAZING. Thank you so much for your generosity, you truly are beautiful. And ditto to everything Mary has said.

Mrs. Shoes said...

Here via Jen's blog. I already have some Lia Sophia so very excited to be able to get more and support UTERUS. I will be emailing you.