Wednesday, October 15, 2008

to the doc and back and back again

All of my meds arrived yesterday (wee!). More on that later. But today was my baseline u/s. I got to the office about 10 minutes late only to find that they did not have any orders for me. (Note that my RE is about an hour away, so I do as many u/s's/appointments/b-w/etc. as possible here in town by way of 2 different clinics, spread over about 4 different offices.) You can imagine that my RE's office has a fabulous time faxing orders for b/w and whatnot, especially when you consider that they have remote locations in my town AND 2 others across the state. They're a busy bunch! But anyway, it's been a doozy of a day and it's not over yet.

So I get to my appointment, they can't find me and I wait about 15 minutes until she finally got everything together. I was a little concerned because she didn't understand how I could be on my period and getting an u/s. But she got straightened out. I asked about whether I would be getting any b/w and she said she didn't have an order for any but that I might want to check with my RE.

I did. But not until about 1/2 way to work. I forgot, but when I called at 8:55, the receptionist from the RE's office said that I *did* need b/w and had to turn around and go get it. So I ziiiip around the car and head back to the clinic. I called work to let them know I was taking longer than expected and the RE's office beeps in. Oops! She mixed me up with another patient that she had sent orders over for and I didn't need b/w after all. Okay....ziiiiip back around and go to work.

Then comes about 11:45. I get a call and my actual RE is on the other end. (How cool is it that he has personally called me TWICE in the past 2 days. I love him.) He is wondering whether I am coming to talk to him today (he's in town) and I said I didn't think I needed to based on our conversation yesterday. He remembers that and says that they must've forgotten to take me off. I tell him my meds arrived yesterday and I will start the injections tomorrow. He asks what questions I have and if I'm feeling good. I am and he wishes me luck. That was nice.

BUT THEN!!!!! (This is where it gets interesting.) Not even 2 minutes later, I get another call from the RE's office. This time, it's my favorite nurse. She's MY nurse...you know. But she asks if the u/s tech explained anything while she was doing the u/s about what she was seeing. She didn't...not other than the follies and having a hard time getting to my right ovary. So Nurse J says that she saw something on my u/s that was either some blood or (get this!) a gestational sac. WHA??? No. Not possible. She asks if I took a HPT and I say no. It's too hard and I vowed this month not to take one. Then I started spotting right on target and my period has been really normal, except that I haven't had any cramping like normal. Bleeding is normal and spotting was exactly as it always is.

So that's where I am right now. The options are that it was blood (which is my bet), it was a pgcy and I am now miscarrying (though why no cramps and heavy bleeding?) or it was a twin pgcy and I am, on a long shot, pg. My guess is the first. I will get the results and be on my merry way to becoming a human pincushion by tomorrow. But it is definitely weird to even think that I might have had some success. We'll see.

In other news, my BIL had his baby last night. He's long and skinny and they named him Alex. They're both really weird and don't want pictures of him up, so I can't post pics. I've only gotten 2 that were taken with a camera phone, but I think he's a cutie! It hit J really hard and I felt so sorry for him. My heart broke and I feel bad for not being able to give him what he wants so badly.

2 comments:

alicia said...

wow that is some drama with the RE! I hope they figure out whats going on with you quickly!

Ohhh poor J. I imagine it was a hard day for him :(

andrea said...

Wow...what a crazy day. How do you feel about all of this? I hope you are doing OK.