Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another perspective--my sister's response to the blog post below:

My sister is, in many ways a mom to me. Even though she is only 17 months older, she is still wise and nurturing and motherly to me. Partly because of our childhood growing up, but also because it's just her nature. So this is the comment that she left after reading my blog below. I think that EVERY woman who is TTC, and most especially those who have T-TTC, can appreciate the message that my sister gave me. Don't you just love it when they say ALL the right things?!?!

In her words-----
"Well, dear sister, you've done it AGAIN. You amaze me beyond words. I am so proud of you for holding back your tears to show strength for the families at jubilee. I have thought about that day, every day since. My heart ached for you, but I didn't feel sorry for you. I haven't once, in all of the trials and tribulations of your journey to Motherhood. I have tried to understand why God would give me 2 healthy babies, while I was taking the birth control pill, yet you plan meticulously, and it hasn't happened. I have learned so much about love, faith and hope, since becoming a Mommy. BUT, you are learning it BEFORE becoming a Mommy, you will be so prepared with the love, faith and hope a child deserves. I'm not proud of it, but I have had to learn the long hard way, and am still learning. I think the best thing you will offer your child(ren) is the strongest foundation of love and respect that you and Josh have for one another. Enjoy each other and the time you have together. I know it is easier said than done, but live each day for what it is. Cherish what you have and know that there is a reason for all things. I know you are so sick of hearing that, but it's true. There is a reason we went thru what we did as kids, didn't think so when it was happening, but look at the women we grew to be. Just remember that. I love you. And for the record, Dan thinks it's just Josh, he would be happy to get you pregnant...offer is always on the table!:)"
I put in bold the message that I think everyone can take away. And for the record, Dan is my BIL. He's silly and funny and let's give him credit for blaming the man! ;)

No comments: