Tuesday, January 8, 2008

an explanation of my blog name

It's pretty simple, really. If there is ONE thing that I'm very thankful for through this whole process, it is that my children will never question whether they were wanted or planned for. I grew up in a home with VERY young parents. I was a mistake. My sister came first, and she was a mistake. Knowing, your whole life, that you were not wanted is a pretty powerful thing. I have, luckily, been able to use the examples that were set by my parents to decide how I wanted to be different. I remember thinking as a very young girl, "when I have babies, I won't do that," or, "when I am a mommy, I am going to read to my babies and play games with them anytime they want." I specifically remember these thoughts. Granted, I'm sure there will be times when I DON'T want to play Hi-Ho Cheerio or pretend that I'm a rescue-guy (in my nephew's words), but I know that my children's love tanks will be full!

Don't get me wrong...I had a happy childhood. A good, if maybe a little unfortunate, life. I knew my parents loved me, but I also knew that I was a mistake. So that is where my blog name comes from. It's comforting to know that my children will at least have the unquestionable love of their two parents.

No comments: