Monday, January 28, 2008

DHs get the IF blues, too.

J came home from work last night and said that he almost cried at work. I thought he was kidding because the man rarely cries. VERY rarely. And he's kind of like a rock with this whole IF thing. Helpful at times, but also a little frustrating at times, too, because sometimes it just feels better to have a big pity party, don't you think?! So anyway, he is the HR manager at a large department store and his employees love him. He's a good guy to work for, one that you know will get down in the trenches with you and work his ass off when he needs to, but also one that will praise the heck out of you and make sure you know he appreciates your hard work. (And I know all of this because we met when he interviewed me for a different job at a different store, but he was my boss for a few months before we started dating...which was AFTER I accepted another position and quit that job. So I know first hand what a great boss he is.) So one of his employees is 22 and just got married a couple months ago. Low and behold, she came in yesterday and announced that she is pg.

I think this was the first time that J has had someone announce a pg that he wasn't expecting. Not to mention that he's on the verge of turning the big 3-0, so I think that has a lot to do with it. I felt so sad for him. He's the sweetest man you will ever meet. He will be an amazing father. I know people say that all the time, but he truly will. He is going to be so patient and loving and I can't wait to see him with our children. I know he's the kind of guy that if we ever have girls, they'll grow up saying that they want to marry a man JUST like their daddy. He said he had to excuse himself from the room. HOW SAD IS THAT?!?! He congratulated her and wished her well, but had to excuse himself to his office. This rips my heart out. It's the first time that he's really shown any sadness or envy over not being pg and it just sucks.

On the other hand, it is nice to know that DHs get the IF blues, too!

No comments: