Friday, January 25, 2008

pissed off

I'm furious!! This is such a screwed up country. WHY is it okay for insurance companies to cover NOTHING when it comes to fertility assistance, but they will happily cover all costs associated with having an abortion?!?!?!?

Reproductive Resource Services Program (RRS)
Not Applicable.
Infertility Services
The following services are not covered:
· Health services and associated expenses for infertility treatments.

Reproduction
Same as:
Physician's Office Services
Professional Fees
Hospital-Inpatient Stay
Outpatient Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services.

Applicable services:
Voluntary sterilization.--Okay, no problem. We can pay to sterilize DH, but not to help improve his MF issues. Thanks.
Health services and associated expenses for elective abortion.--WHAT?!?!?! Kill all the unborn, innocent babies you want, people. But don't dare trying to GET pregnant with a wanted, loved, healthy baby. This is infuriating.
Contraceptive supplies and services.
Fetal reduction surgery.
Health services associated with the use of non-surgical or drug-induced Pregnancy termination.

The following services are not covered:
Surrogate parenting.--Just as one last way of sticking it to us, they go ahead and ruin any bright ideas we might get about trying to have a baby through surrogacy.
The reversal of voluntary sterilization.


What REALLY pisses me off about this is that my employer just switched (as of Jan. 1) from a plan which covered everything. EVERYthing. And when I filled out all of my enrollment information, the only literature that the HR lady had was on the old plan, which said that IF was covered. So here I've been, all these months, sitting pretty and thinking that the financial aspect of this wasn't going to be a huge issue. Until last night when I went to pick up my Clomid and the girl said it wasn't covered by insurance. I didn't think much of it. It was only $25 anyway, so no big deal. But then when I was talking to DH about it, we were both kind of like, "Wait, what?"

Yep, so I was misinformed when I enrolled. I'm hoping that we might be able to keep DH's insurance which covers a little bit of IF stuff. UUUUGHHHHH! I'm just so mad and confused. This sucks.

No comments: